Smithy (Hyrule Warriors)
The Smithy is a store in the Bazaar in Hyrule Warriors. It is where Skills may be transferred between a Warrior's Weapons, and where Weapons may be sold. It becomes available once "The Sorceress of the Woods" has been cleared.
Features and Overview
To transfer a Skill, a Warrior must have two Weapons of the same category and the appropriate amount of Rupees, which are determined by the source Weapon and by the type of skills being transferred. Weapons with empty Slots are permitted to serve as source Weapons, though both Weapons will be destroyed in the transfer process to create a stronger Weapon. Weapon Skills cannot be transferred if they are a Sealed Skill, requiring the Warrior to defeat the necessary amount of enemies before being able to transfer the Sealed Skill. Skills cannot be transferred between Weapons of different categories.
In addition to fusion, unlocked Skills may be removed from a Weapon. All Skills will cost a base price of 300,000 to remove.
Warriors may also have the Sealed Skills appraised at the Smithy at a rate of 10 Rupees for each KO required to unlock the skill. The Master Sword's Sealed Skill cannot be appraised at the Smithy, but other tightly-locked Skills of 25,000 KOs can be. When a Skill is appraised, the game is saved. This prevents the appraisal process from being abused.
Weapons may also be sold at the Smithy, with their price varying based on the Skills and Stars that the Weapon has. Sealed Skills and empty Skill slots do not contribute to the value of a Weapon.
The equation for the cost of a Weapons is dependent upon Weapon tier, number of Stars (between 0 to 5) and the value of a given Skill. The formulas for these are:
|Weapon Tier||Base Price||Equation|
|S — the total number of Stars that a Weapon has (between 0 to 5). X — the value of a given Skill.|
† — if the Star count for a Tier 3 weapon is 3, the value is 300(3)-1. All other cases follow naturally.
- "The Smithy is now open for business! You can use it to combine weapon skills by fusing weapons! Press [+] now to go to the Bazaar." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "By using the Smithy, you can transfer skills between weapons you own. To transfer a skill, you will need to spend an amount of Rupees based on the source weapon and the type of skill. The source weapon will also be destroyed in the process. You can only add skills to weapons with empty skill slots. Overwriting previously activated skills and moving sealed skills won't work." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors)
- "By removing a skill, you can change an unlocked skill into an empty skill slot. You can then fill that slot with other skills, so it's a good way to create a weapon forged with the skills best suited to your battle style. However, removing a skill requires a lot of Rupees. What's more, removed skills can never be restored, so make sure to think twice before removing one." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "By appraising a sealed weapon skill, you can find out what the sealed skill actually is. The Rupees required to appraise a sealed skill change according to the KO count required to unlock the skill." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "When you sell a weapon, you will receive an amount of Rupees dependent on the skills attached to that weapon. The weapons you sell will be lost. Also, sealed skills and empty skill slots do not contribute to the weapon's value, so keep that in mind!" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)