- This article is about Link's grandfather Smith. For the Bodyguard in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, see Smith (Bodyguard).
Smith is Link's grandfather. He creates the Smith's Sword for the winner of a sword-fighting contest. He was once a great swordsman and now is a great blacksmith. He is close friends with King Daltus. Throughout the whole game, Smith is seen in his house in South Hyrule Field, making swords, and only goes out of his house to go to Hyrule Castle. Smith later gives Link a Map to find his way through Hyrule. When Link fuses Kinstone with Smith, it will make a Treasure Chest holding a Bottle appear in the Eastern Hills.
|Smith (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|The finest swordsmith in Hyrule. As a young man he was a great swordsman. He and King Daltus are friends and enjoyed a pleasant rivalry as youths.|
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Master Smith is here as well. He's come to see His Majesty the king." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 270(TMC)
- "You got the Smith's Sword! It's a sharp blade made by your grandfather." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "Then, with the broken Picori Blade and the Smith's Sword in hand, Link set off in search of their land." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 79)
- "This is the blade that will be presented to the winner of the competition. Don't lose it. And while the two of you may be childhood friends, remember...Zelda is the princess of Hyrule. You watch over her. Don't let anything bad happen to her." — Smith (The Minish Cap)