- This article is about Link's grandfather Smith. For the Bodyguard in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, see Smith (Bodyguard).
Smith is Link's grandfather. He creates the Smith's Sword for the winner of the sword-fighting tournament of the Picori Festival. He was once a great swordsman and now is a great blacksmith. He is close friends with King Daltus. Throughout the game, Smith can be found in his house in South Hyrule Field, making Swords, and only leaves his house to go to Hyrule Castle. Smith later gives Link a Map to find his way through Hyrule. When Link Fuse Kinstones with Smith, it will make a Treasure Chest holding a Empty Bottle appear in the Eastern Hills.
|Smith (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|The finest swordsmith in Hyrule. As a|
young man, he was a great swordsman.
He and King Daltus are friends and
enjoyed a pleasant rivalry as youths.
|Names in Other Regions|
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 15
- "Master Smith is here as well. He's come to see His Majesty the king." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 270(TMC)
- "You got the Smith's Sword! It's a sharp blade made by your grandfather." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "Then, with the broken Picori Blade and the Smith's Sword in hand, Link set off in search of their land." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 79)
- "This is the blade that will be presented to the winner of the competition. Don't lose it. And while the two of you may be childhood friends, remember...Zelda is the princess of Hyrule. You watch over her. Don't let anything bad happen to her." — Smith (The Minish Cap)