|Comparable Item(s)||Wooden Shield|
The Small Shield is given to Link by Princess Zelda in Hyrule Town at the Picori Festival. Shortly after receiving it, he must use the Shield to protect Zelda from a dangerous Business Scrub north of Hyrule Town.
Like most basic Shields obtained throughout The Legend of Zelda series, the Small Shield can be swallowed by a Like Like. If this happens, Link can defeat the Like Like to retrieve the Small Shield, or buy a new one at the Hyrule Town Shop. The Small Shield can defend Link from the most basic of attacks, such as an Octorok's rocks and sword strikes from other enemies. After Link completes the main quest, Link can turn the Small Shield into the Mirror Shield by allowing Biggoron to nibble on it.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ちっちゃな盾 (Chicchana Tate)||Little Shield|
|FrenchEU||Petit Bouclier||Same as English.|
|German||Kleiner Schild||Same as English.|
|Italian||Scudo piccolo||Same as English.|
|SpanishEU||Escudo pequeño||Same as English.|
- "Princess Zelda gave you a small shield! Hold the button to protect yourself. ...It IS a little embarrassing, though. It's so tiny!" — N/A (The Minish Cap)
Blocks (and sometimes reflects) enemy attacks. Some enemies can't be defeated without a shield, but it's also just a good idea to know when to defend yourself." (The Minish Cap manual, pg. 18)
- "Here! I want to give you a present! Doesn't this shield suit you perfectly, Link?" — Princess Zelda (The Minish Cap)
- "Owwwwch! That must be the Business Scrub I heard the soldiers talking about. They were saying a Deku Scrub had been hassling all the passersby. Link, do something about it! Otherwise, we can't get to the castle. If only we had some way to defend ourselves against those nuts of his." — Princess Zelda (The Minish Cap)
- "Welcome. Goro. Oh, what a tiny Goron you are... You make this big Goron happy with this unexpected visit to my distant home. Tell me, little one, what do you know about shields? Well, among us Gorons, who know well the taste of steel... They are considered a fine delicacy. Ah, yes... Just once, I should like to taste a fine, fresh shield..." — Biggoron (The Minish Cap)
- "Nummnumm! Slurp, slurp! Oh, delicious! That was excellent! Thank you so much. Now, I finally know the legendary taste of a shield! And I will happily fulfill my promise! Let me just spit your shield back out again! Goro goro...?! It-It seems your shield has changed shape a little as I was chewing on it... Oh, but it's fine! It is still a shield after all, just a slightly differently shaped one! I think... Well, I have to go now! Good-bye, goro!" — Biggoron (The Minish Cap)