|Use(s)||Unlocking the Key Cavern|
|Comparable Item(s)||Angler Key|
Location and Uses
Initially, the Slime Key is owned by Prince Richard. When Link travels to Kanalet Castle and speaks to him, he will ask Link to bring him back five Golden Leaves in exchange for the Key. When Link returns with the five Golden Leaves, Prince Richard will let him through his back garden where an Owl Statue is located. Link must use the Shovel to dig at the Statue's feet and find the Key.
Artwork of the Slime Key from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc.
- "If you expect Richard to simply hand over the Slime Key when you return his Golden Leaves, you'll be disappointed. He has something a bit more sporting in mind. He'll step aside and show you a secret stairway that leads to the bushy field behind his house. You'll have to find the Key's hiding place on your own-with your Shovel." (The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc. & Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.), pg. 41)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 138(LA)
- "Salutations! You wouldn't know by the look of me, but I used to live in the castle! My servants went berserk and I was forced to flee to my villa... So, you want the key to Ukuku Prairie, do you? I may be able to help you... Let's make... a deal, shall we? I want you to retrieve the Golden Leaf I left behind in the castle when I fled... Okay No Way" — Richard (Link's Awakening DX)
- "At last! You've got the final Golden Leaf! Now go and see Richard about that key..." — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Ahh! Tres Bien! I see you have recovered all of the leaves! Now, move this box and you will find your reward!" — Richard (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hunh? A keyhole here? It says, 'Slime Keyhole'" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)