Skulltula Forest: Ranger
|Skulltula Forest: Ranger|
|Game(s)||Link's Crossbow Training|
Features and Overview
In Skulltula Forest: Ranger, Link has 90 Seconds to explore the woods and defeat all 18 Skulltulas. Link can locate the Skulltulas by using his Radar, as the Skulltulas appear as red dots on it. 13 of the Skulltulas walk on the ground, while 2 climb the walls of the woods and the last 3 hang down from Trees on strings. Each Skulltula must be shot twice with the Crossbow, or once with a Exploding Arrow, to be killed. Shooting a Skulltula with a Exploding Arrow will also kill any Skulltulas around the originally shot Skulltula. Upon defeating all eighteen Skulltulas, Link will gain 500 points times the number of seconds he has left to complete the Stage.
Other Targets that give Link points when shot can be found throughout Skulltula Forest: Ranger. To the right of the starting area, three Wooden Boxes sit on a wooden balcony. Continuing forward from the Wooden Boxes and along the wall, Link will come across two Deku Babas near a small wooden platform. If Link continues following the wall, the ground will slope upwards and Link will find four Deku Babas at the top. Three of the Deku Babas arise from the ground, while one hangs down from a nearby Tree. A small wooden balcony overlooking the bottom of the slope holds eight Jars and four Bomb Barrels. If Link shoots any of the Bomb Barrels, they will blow up and destroy any unbroken Jars and other Bomb Barrels on the balcony. If Link continues forwards directly from the starting area, he will find a small hollow in a large Tree filled with ten Jars suspended in the air by strings. Link can shoot the Jars directly or he can shoot the strings the Jars are attached to, causing the Jars to fall to the ground and break. The Jar sitting in the middle of the hollow not attached to any strings will also make an Orange Rupee appear when shot. Continuing forward from the hollow and slightly left, a Scarecrow stands up high on top of a large Tree branch. Straight ahead of the Scarecrow, a small Skeleton rests on the ground next to a large Tree. These Skeletons can be found behind the Scarecrow, and Link can find another Skeleton by following the wall left of the starting area. This Skeleton against the wall will give Link the same points as the other Skeleton, but an Orange Rupee will appear when this Skeleton is destroyed. If Link walks past the Scarecrow and to the very far wall, then travels right along the wall, he will run into three Deku Babas. Two of the Deku Babas rest on the forest floor, while one Deku Baba hangs down from an overlooking Tree branch. The last optional Target Link can shoot for points are the small Skulls that are spread throughout the woods. Some Skulls can be found near the beforementioned bone piles and some rest near Trees. One particular Skull sits with a group of three other Skulls a short distance past the Skeleton near the starting area wall. This Skull, sitting in the middle of the group, will cause an Orange Rupee to appear when destroyed.
- LCT Deku Baba Model.png
- LCT Skeleton Model.png
1-10 Points[note 3]
- LCT Skull Model.png
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Link will be awarded points for shooting the Orange Rupee depending on how long he took to hit it, with 1,000 points as the highest amount and 200 at the lowest. The Orange Rupee will disappear after not getting shot for 10 seconds.
- If Link shoots the Scarecrows' body, he will be awarded one point. If he shoots the Scarecrows' body again, he will be awarded two points. This pattern continues until Link shoots the Scarecrow for the eighth time, where continuous hits afterward only awards Link with eight points each. If Link ever shoots the Pumpkin head of the Scarecrow, he will be awarded points based on how many hits were taken by the Scarecrows' body, with 1,000 points being awarded if Link shot the Scarecrow eight times or more beforehand. If Link shoots the Scarecrow with a Exploding Arrow, the Scarecrows' head will be destroyed granting him points based on how many hits the body of the Scarecrow has already taken, plus an additional 2 points. Once the head of the Scarecrow is shot and destroyed, Link can freely shoot the body of the Scarecrow for an unlimited amount of shots, with each shot giving Link one point. If Link shoots the Scarecrow with a Exploding Arrow after destroying its head, he will be given 3 points.
- Link can shoot the Skeleton for one point per hit up to six shots. Upon the sixth shot, the Skeleton will break and Link will be given 5 points instead of 1. If Link shoots the Skeleton with a Exploding Arrow, he will obtain 6 points and destroy the pile instantly.
- The first hit on a Skulltula will grant Link 10 points and the final shot will grant him 100 points, with a total of 110 points. Shooting a Skulltula with a Exploding Arrow will instantly kill the Skulltula, but will only give Link the ending 100 points instead of 110 points from shooting the Skulltula twice.
- If Link shoots the Wooden Boxes, they will grant him one point for every hit. On the eleventh hit, the Wooden Boxes will break and Link will be granted 50 points. If Link shoots one of the boxes with a Exploding Arrow, the box will be instantly destroyed and Link will obtain 50 points.