After Link is spotted by Madame Couture's Assistant and recognized to have the same features as the fabled Tri Force Heroes, he is sent to meet with Sir Combsly in Hytopia Castle. Sir Combsly recruits him into the Witch-Hunting Brigade upon seeing that his features perfectly match the Heroes' description. He gives him some Hytopian Silk so he can tailor his uniform, the Hero Tunic, at Madame Couture's.
Sir Combsly will congratulate Link whenever he opens a new Area of the Drablands. After completing the Woodlands Area, he will inform Link that he has been summoned by King Tuft. Link can also speak with Sir Combsly whenever he wishes to change his name that is displayed during multiplayer.
After the Links defeat Lady Maud and craft The Lady's Ensemble needed to lift Styla's curse, Link enters the castle wearing the outfit, but Sir Combsly does not recognize him at first. Madame Couture had told him of the outfit earlier, and he tells Link to lift the curse off of Styla right away. After Styla's lift is cursed, the town holds a big celebration. Sir Combsly demonstrates his strength during the celebration by lifting both King Tuft and Link, forming a Totem. After the festivities are over, he tells Link the next time he sees him to see King Tuft for his promised reward.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||オールバック卿 (Ōrubakku Kyō)||Possibly "Lord Allback," referencing his hairstyle|
Similar in nature to the term "slickback"
|FrenchCA||Général Coudepeigne||From "coup de peigne" (breezy haircut)|
|FrenchEU||Général Gomina||General Gomina|
|German||Graf Schnöselschick||Earl Schnöselschick|
|Italian||Generale Pompadour||General Pompadour|
Sir Combsly performing a Totem
- "Stop right there! Ah, so you must be the new prospective hero, yeah? Everything is in order! Please proceed inside and report to the commander for duty." — Guard (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Devoted to his king, Sir Combsly spends his time filtering out the fab from the drab. He’s on the front lines in the hunt for the three stylish heroes who have been spoken of in legend. He won’t let any but the true heroes of style step beyond the castle’s foyer." (Tri Force Heroes Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 9)
- "Sir Combsly" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 368)
- "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Sir Combsly, commander of the witch-hunting brigade for the great kingdom of Hytopia." — Sir Combsly (Tri Force Heroes)
- "The Commander of the Witch Subdue Corps. A passionate man with a strong sense of justice. Although he used to have slicked back hair, his hairstyle has now collapsed." — Nintendo, ゼルダの伝説 トライフォース３銃士 | ニンテンドー3DS | 任天堂, Zelda.co.jp, published September 16, 2015, retrieved September 24, 2015. (Translation: kaialone)
- "What's this? That face... Those ears... You there! I must speak with you! Pointy ears... Check! Sideburns... Check! And finally... hair parted to the side... CHECK! IT'S HIM!!" — Sir Combsly (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Excellent. As expected, soldier. I must say... I've seen too many would-be heroes in my time. Too many, in fact. But none of them boasted the perfect trifecta of heroic features as you do. We're happy to have you on our side!" — Sir Combsly (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Consider yourself enlisted. As a token of welcome, I will supply you with one firm handshake and one Hero's Tunic. Here are the necessary materials. Take them to Madame Couture at once, and she'll make you the outfit!" — Sir Combsly (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Did you need something? Huh? No? Maybe? Wait a dash... Isn't that... Ah, Link! Is that the outfit Madame spoke of?" — Sir Combsly (Tri Force Heroes)