Sheila and Link in front of Simon's Simulations
After paying 10 Rupees to play, Link will be instructed to fall asleep in the bed provided by the shop. The young hero will "awaken" to find himself in a square, Dungeon-like room filled with an assortment of monsters, including Moblins, Keatons, and Peahats. Link must destroy all of the monsters in order to receive a Piece of Heart, as a reward. Despite it being a simulation, Link dies if he loses all his Hearts rather than waking up. Link may return to play the mini-game at any time during his quest; however, the prizes range from Rupees to Hearts after subsequent, successful playthroughs.
- "Ho ho! Here we are! You've come to the fabulous Simon's Simulations!" — Simon (The Minish Cap)
- "His mysterious dungeon-simulation game is very popular in Hyrule. It gives players the illusion of fighting real monsters in real dungeons." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "It's 10 Rupees for one try! Interested?" — Simon (The Minish Cap)
- "Ho ho! Well certainly! Now how shall I put this... "We offer you the chance to be the hero you dream of becoming!" We allow you to fight grand monsters without any danger! This is our unique service!" — Simon (The Minish Cap)
- "If you dispatch a monster skillfully enough, you might get something nice." — Simon (The Minish Cap)