The Silver Gauntlets,(OoT)[name reference needed] also known as the Power of Silver,(OoT)[name reference needed] and the Silver Hands,(OoT)[name reference needed] are recurring items in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
An encarved statue of a cobra in the first room of the Temple hints at a "power of silver" from the past being used in the future. As a child, Link will encounter Nabooru attempting to enter a crawlspace. After brief discussion, Nabooru asks Link for a favor: to enter the crawlspace and retrieve the Silver Gauntlets so that she may infiltrate the rest of the Temple, steal Ganondorf's treasure and impede his plans for domination. In return, she promises to give "something great."
Later when Link reaches the whereabouts of the Treasure Chest containing the Silver Gauntlets, the young hero discovers that Nabooru has been captured by Kotake and Koume, who kidnap her with their black magic. Before she disappears, she warns Link to run. When Link returns for the Master Sword, he dons the Silver Gauntlets after resuming his adult form. With them, he is able to access previously inaccessible parts of the Spirit Temple by pushing a heavy block out of the way. The Silver Gauntlets also allow Link to lift large, gray rocks. Madder rocks, however, cannot be lifted.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||銀のグローブ (Kin no Gurōbu) (OoT)||Silver Gloves|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 138 (OoT)
- "If you want to travel in the future, you should return here with the power of silver from the past." — Sign (Ocarina of Time)
- "I want to ask you a favor... Will you go through this tiny hole and get a treasure that's inside? The treasure is the Silver Gauntlets. If you equip them, you can easily push and pull very heavy things! No, no, no, kid! Don't even think about taking this treasure for yourself! The Silver Gauntlets won't fit a little kid like you if you try to equip them! I want you to be a good boy and give them to me! Ganondorf and his minions are using the Spirit Temple as a hideout. Only the Silver Gauntlets will allow me to sneak deep into the temple. Once there, I'm going to steal all the treasure inside and mess up their plans!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "You and I, let's give Ganondorf and his followers a big surprise, shall we? If you can successfully get the Silver Gauntlets... I'll do something great for you!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Yeearggh! Let me go!! You, you fiends! Ganondorf's minions! Link! Get out of here! Now! These witches! They're using black magic on me!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 148