Sidon is the prince of the Zora, the son of King Dorephan and the brother of Mipha. He first encounters Link at Inogo Bridge while on his way to Zora's Domain. Sidon requests Link to come to his home in hopes of helping quell the rains caused by the Divine Beast Vah Ruta, which were threatening to burst the dams surrounding Zora's Domain. He gives Link an Electro Elixir to aid against the monsters who attack with electricity ahead. As Link makes his way to Zora's Domain, Sidon encourages the hero from the river.
When Link approaches the throne room, he is encountered by Muzu, an elderly Zora who remembers him from 100 years ago. Muzu insists that it is because of Link that Lady Mipha had died, stolen from her kingdom who loved her dearly. Sidon then defends Link as the only one who save their home. When King Dorephan presents Link with the Zora Armor, Muzu berates the King for gifting Link the Armor. He claims that crafting a Zora Armor is an act that a Zora Princess would only do for her future husband and finds Link unworthy of Mipha's love and hard work. He then proceeds to head to Mipha's statue in the town square to reminisce. The Zora Prince then confronts Muzu, stating that even though he was too young to understand it at the time, Mipha had feelings for Link. When Link puts the Armor on and approaches Muzu, Sidon comments on how the armor fits Link perfectly. Sidon's words resonate within Muzu, who agrees to help them take down the Divine Beast.
After Link gathers the Shock Arrows needed to take down Ruta, he meets up with Sidon at the East Reservoir Lake, where the Divine Beast is stationed. Sidon and Link battle the mechanical beast together, with Sidon swimming around the lake and Link firing Arrows while riding his back. After destroying the sources of water on Ruta's back, Sidon escorts Link to the boarding platform before it rises too high for Link to get on board.
After Link frees Mipha's spirit and takes control of Ruta from Calamity Ganon, King Dorephan greets Link and congratulates him on his victory when he returns to Zora's Domain, as well as commending Sidon for his assistance in Ruta's recovery. Sidon becomes a tad emotional, having a moment of silence following his father claiming that Mipha would be proud of his actions and that he will one day make a great king, before enthusiastically thanking Link for ending the crisis. If Link speaks to Sidon after this, the Zora will proclaim that he is both thankful and proud of Link for his assistance. Sidon can usually be found outside of his father's throne room, but he will go gaze at Mipha's statue at night. If Link approaches him from behind, he can hear Sidon commenting on her status as a lingering spirit within Ruta. Sidon expresses that he misses Mipha and wishes she was still around to give him words of wisdom as she did when they were young. When he catches Link listening, Sidon apologizes to Link for catching him in a moment of weakness.
- Sidon's final design was originally gray, however, it was changed to red in-game so he could stand out more in Zora's Domain and closely resemble his sister, Mipha.
Sidon could originate from Poseidon, the Greek God of the sea.
|Names in Other Regions|
|ChineseTR||希多 (Xī duō)|
|Dutch||Sidon||Same as English.|
|German||Sidon||Same as English.|
|Italian||Sidon||Same as English.|
Zora Prince" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Prince Sidon is a member of the distinguished Zora royal family. He's waiting at Inogo Bridge, which is on the other side of that tall tower. I do hope you'll agree to go there and meet with him." — Tula (Breath of the Wild)
- "Mipha passed away 100 years ago. She was Prince Sidon's big sister. I wasn't even born 100 years ago," —
- xE; (
- x5;\0\0 so I don't really know what happened around that time... But if you talk to someone who speaks super formally, they're likely over a century old. They might know more!)
- "King Dorephan is the regal ruler of Zora's Domain. He is also the father of Prince Sidon and Lady Mipha." — Dunma (Breath of the Wild)
- "With permission from the actor himself, I am pleased to officially reveal the Voice Actor for Breath of the Wild’s Sidon... Jamie Mortellaro!" — sonicmega, Unofficial (and sorta-official) Voicestuffs, Tumblr, published April 30, 2017, retrieved May 1, 2017.
- "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Video Game)
Prince Sidon (Japanese version, voice, as Kousuke Oonishi)" — n.a., Kosuke Onishi - IMDb, IMDb, published n.d., retrieved September 29, 2018.
- "Sidon! Hurry and swim up here!" — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sidon" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Right now, Zora's Domain is in grave danger because of the massive rainfall coming from Divine Beast Vah Ruta! Please, promise you will help us! We need your strength, warrior! Won't you please come to Zora's Domain with me?" — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "You likely have a tough fight in store— there are monsters up ahead that attack with electricity." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! That's right! I have something that I would like to give you! This is just a small trinket to show I have faith in you." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "HEY! Link!! Sorry for calling out to you from the river! Since I pressured you into coming, I was not sure you would really come through. I am pleased things are going well. Ever since this strange occurrence, there have been lots of monsters around here. Be careful as you proceed. And hurry! All of my fellow Zora are anxiously awaiting your arrival!" — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "HEY! Over here! Sorry for calling so far away! The domain is still a ways off, but you're making good progress! I shall be along soon myself. I won't be much longer! In the meantime, I'll be cheering you on from here in the river, so hang in there! You can do it! Stay strong!" — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "HEY! Link!! You're almost halfway to Zora's Domain! Oh, by the way, there are a few spots up ahead with lots of enemies...but I'm sure you will be fine! I believe in you, Link!" — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Have you forgotten already, my king?! We cannot trust these lowly Hylians! A hundred years ago, they abused the power of an ancient civilization and turned Hyrule into what it is today! And that is not the least of it! It is their fault that Lady Mipha was lost to us..." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Muzu! It is rude to that way to your king and his guest. Link is here because I invited him! With such unprecedented rainfall, we have no choice but to rely on the aid of a trustworthy Hylian." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Countless generations of Zora princesses have gifted that armor to the one they have sworn to marry! Princess Mipha made that one there with her own hands! It is far too important to entrust to a shady Hylian! He may be a Champion, but Mipha had no such relationship with him. So why should HE receive such an honor?" — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "He who stands here...the man called Link...is the one whom my sister, Mipha, had feelings for. I was only a child then, so I did not know it myself at the time. But it is so. I grew up hearing my father tell stories, some of which were about my sister's undying love for a Hylian named Link." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now you know who her heart belonged to and who she made this special armor for. The fact that this armor fits Link perfectly should be proof enough that Mipha made it for him and him alone!" — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do so, and...and I...I shall tell you how to get those shock arrows! Yes, as well as anything else you wish to know." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ruta is floating higher now! You wanted to venture inside it, right?! I'll bring you closer!..." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link! You did well to survive your trial! I have been awaiting your return! The violent downpour has disappeared, as has the threat to Zora's Domain! It is all little more than a bad dream now. Thanks to your efforts, there is no longer any danger of a great flood laying waste to Hyrule! You appeased the Divine Beast Vah Ruta and thusly saved Zora's Domain! We are all truly grateful! What you did for us is more than we could have ever expected of you." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "As your father, I am proud of you for fighting the Divine Beast alongside Link. You have grown much recently. I know you will be a worthy heir when your time comes." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link! This is wonderful! Link! Thank you so much! Truly, I could never thank you enough! You helped save our home from vanishing away! This calls for a top-tier expression of gratitude! ZO! ZO! RA RA RA! With all my heart... Thank you!" — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, and have I mentioned how incredible you are? And how thankful I am? Because you are! And I am! Yes, you are the greatest of Hylians and my most treasured friend for all time!" — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Mipha... Dear sister... Are you still trapped inside the Divine Beast? Are you supporting Link in his fight? Is there really nothing more I can do?" — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "I wish you were here to guide me... I miss you terribly..." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link! You...heard all that, eh? I'm afraid you caught me in a moment of vulnerability." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, Link... I am sorry you had to see me in such a moment of weakness." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion (Dark Horse Books), pg. 115