We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
|Counterpart(s)||Wounded Soldier in the Back Alley|
Shiro is a character in Majora's Mask.
Shiro is a Soldier who is encountered in Ikana Canyon. He is so plain and boring that, even though he constantly waves his arms around, he is unnoticeable and invisible. Link can find the injured Soldier while using the Lens of Truth. After being healed with a Red or Blue Potion, he gives Link the Stone Mask.
In Majora's Mask 3D, he is instead found in the center of the Pirates' Fortress next to its lookout tower, which he infiltrated in an attempt to stand out. Tatl senses his presence when nearby, and alerts Link. After assisting him in the same manner as in the original game, he runs out of the fortress through the nearest doorway. He can then be found on the ledge above the area with the Pirates on boats at a loss on how to proceed. When spoken to, he will reassure Link that he does not need further help.
Shiro means white in Japanese, which can also refer to being plain or blank, referring to Shiro's predicament of being as plain as stone.
- Shiro is also the name of one of the Carpenters rescued from Gerudo's Fortress in Ocarina of Time.
Shiro's Bombers' Notebook entry from Majora's Mask 3D
- "I'm shocked. You're the first person who's ever spoken to me. I've been here for many years, waving my arms around and asking for help, but everyone ignores me and passes me by. It's 'cause I'm about as impressive as a stone, right?...I'm used to it, though." — Shiro (Majora's Mask)
- "If you use the Lens of Truth near here and speak to the man you find... you may earn a mask that can enable you to blend into backgrounds and move about without being noticed." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- "Umm...I have a request...Can you give me some medicine that would make even an unnoticeable stone like me feel better? [...] Ah, that...Is that it? ...I feel better, I think. Thanks... Oh...here... In gratitude... Now...Let me practice standing out..." — Shiro (Majora's Mask)
- "I thought I'd maybe stand out if I did something brave, so I infiltrated the Pirates' Fortress." — Shiro (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Hey... Did you just call me? That's strange. I could have sworn someone here just called to me..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "..How will I ever get home? My armor's so heavy I'd sink like... well, like a stone." — Shiro (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Aah, I'm sorry. This isn't your problem. Don't worry, I'll be fine..." — Shiro (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Thanks! I'm Shiro the carpenter. For rescuing me, I'll tell you something interesting about the desert that I overheard the Gerudos talking about." — Shiro the Carpenter (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||シロウくん (Shirou kun)|