Kenzo (implied descendent)
Gazpacho works in the Shipyard on Mercay Island. In the Shipyard, Link can customize the SS Linebeck with the different Ship Parts he has collected throughout his journey. If Link accidentally damages the Salvage Arm, he can visit the Shipyard to have it repaired by Gazpacho. If the Salvage Arm's life gauge runs empty, it breaks and cannot be used until Link has it repaired. Gazpacho charges Link based on the amount of damage that the Salvage Arm has sustained, up to 100 Rupees.
- In Spirit Tracks, the Bridge Worker's Home in the Snow Realm has a portrait of Gazpacho on the right side of the room. This, and the fact that both characters look similar, suggests that they are related. At the beginning of the game, Gazpacho repairs the bridge on Mercay Island, demonstrating that he possesses the same abilities as Kenzo; however, he states that he dislikes repairing bridges.
|Names in Other Regions|
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass — Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 23
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 282
- "Come on in. You've drifted into the shipyard! Got parts? I'll set up your ship. Need your Salvage Arm fixed? Do that too!" — Gazpacho (Phantom Hourglass)
- "You've busted your Salvage Arm! Unusable, dat thing! I'll fix it for ya. Just 100 Rupees!" — Gazpacho (Phantom Hourglass)
- "This crummy bridge breaks every time we have a quake! Don't have time to keep on babysitting this thing. Not when ships need fixing! But Oshus says that bridges are just as 'portant as ships... When that old man tells you to do something, you do it, like it or not. And I don't like it. But I'll do it." — Gazpacho (Phantom Hourglass)