- 1 Features and Overview
- 2 Locations
- 3 Nomenclature
- 4 Gallery
- 5 References
Features and Overview
Breath of the Wild
Sheikah Towers are tall, ancient structures that are found scattered across Hyrule. When activated, the these towers glow with a bright blue and their pronged tips will split open like a satellite. After being awakened from his deep sleep at the Shrine of Resurrection, Link is soon guided by a disembodied voice to a Sheikah Slate Terminal at a monument in the northeast of the Great Plateau. Upon placing the Sheikah Slate into the Sheikah Slate Terminal, all of the Sheikah Towers rise from the ground all over Hyrule and await activation. The Great Plateau Tower rises where Link is standing. Upon activating the Great Plateau Tower, all of the Ancient Shrines also begin to glow orange and await activation.
Sheikah Towers may be climbed by gradually scaling their wicker walls with platforms provided in-between elevations so that Link may rest. Sheikah Towers often have obstacles that prevent Link from climbing them directly, such as Malice, spiked vines or various enemies. These can be scaled by using Revali's Gale. At the top of every Sheikah Tower is a Sheikah Slate Terminal where Link can install data onto his Sheikah Slate, which gives him a detailed Map of the surrounding area.
Great Plateau Tower
- Main article: Great Plateau Tower
The Great Plateau Tower is situated in the northeastern region of the Great Plateau. Initially, it is buried beneath the surface of the Great Plateau, requiring Link to use his Sheikah Slate to reactivate it. Upon reactivation, it causes a chain reaction across Hyrule, raising Sheikah Towers across all of Hyrule and activating all the Ancient Shrines in Hyrule.
Out of all of the Sheikah Towers, it is the only one that doesn't have any major obstacles in the way of ascending it. It is also in direct view of Hyrule Castle being one of the closest Towers to the Castle.
- Main article: Central Tower
The Central Tower is found in Hyrule Field in Central Hyrule. The Tower is southwest of Hyrule Castle near Mount Daphnes. Approaching the tower from the east through the Hyrule Garrison Ruins requires avoiding or defeating two Guardian Stalkers while the base of the tower is surrounded by three Decayed Guardians. Scaling the tower involves jumping from platform to platform to avoid the Decayed Guardians below if he has not defeated them.
- Main article: Ridgeland Tower
The Ridgeland Tower sits in a lake filled with Electric Lizalfos and Electric Wizzrobes. Scaling the Tower requires Link to either avoid the enemies below, lest he fall off the Tower, or to defeat them before he ascends.
Atop the tower sits Branli, a Hylian researcher who studies the Rito. He was standing in the middle of the lake as Link activated the Great Plateau Tower and got stuck on the Ridgeland Tower. For 20 Rupees, he will let you play a mini-game where Link jumps off the Ridgeland Tower and uses his Paraglider to glide out as far as he can. If he makes it far enough, Branli will reward Link with a Silver Rupee.
- Main article: Woodland Tower
The Woodland Tower is found in the Great Hyrule Forest in Central Hyrule. It is north of the Military Training Camp and south of the Lost Woods. The Tower has a large stone skull on top of it covering a large portion of its view.
- Main article: Hebra Tower
- Main article: Tabantha Tower
The Tabantha Tower is found on Nero Hill in Tabantha Frontier in the Hebra Region.
- Main article: Gerudo Tower
The Gerudo Tower is found in the Gerudo Highlands in the Gerudo Region. The Tower is west of Birida Lookout and is the tallest Tower in Hyrule. In order to climb the Tower, Link must glide to the Tower from Birida Lookout nearby. Kass can be found at the top of the Tower.
- Main article: Wasteland Tower
The Wasteland Tower is found on Spectacle Rock in the Gerudo Region. It sits within a dangerous swamp that Link must cross in order to get to the Tower.
- Main article: Faron Tower
- Main article: Lake Tower
The Lake Tower is found in the Faron Region, overlooking Lake Hylia to the north.
Dueling Peaks Tower
- Main article: Dueling Peaks Tower
- Main article: Hateno Tower
The Hateno Tower is found in East Necluda.
- Main article: Lanayru Tower
- Main article: Akkala Tower
- Main article: Eldin Tower
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Tour Sheikah||Same as English.|
|Russian||Башня шиика (Bashnya shiika)||Sheikah tower|
- "Sheikah Tower activated." — Sheikah Slate Terminal (Breath of the Wild)
- "This tower and several others just like it have erupted across the land, one after another. It is almost as though...a long-dormant power has awoken quite suddenly." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "See that glowing structure there? That light appeared at the exact moment those towers rose from the ground." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm not talking about mushrooms here! I'm talking about those towers! They seem to have popped up all over the place! And that's not the only strange thing that's happened. Those long-deserted shrines suddenly started glowing!" — Brigo (Breath of the Wild)
- "My my... It would seem that we have quite the enigma here. This tower and several just like it have erupted across the land, one after another. Very interesting... It appears that some long-dormant power has awoken quite suddenly. Did anything...odd happen to you while you were on top of that tower?" — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was standing on the ground watching the skies, when suddenly this tower erupted beneath my feet!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)