Sheikah Stones are recurring Objects in The Legend of Zelda series. They give Link Visions and hints on how to solve puzzles, find secrets, and defeat Bosses on his adventure, provided he has reached a point in his quest close to accessing the subject.
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time 3D
Sheikah Stones have a passage at the bottom for entry in Ocarina of Time 3D. One Sheikah Stone can be found outside Link's House and another one in the Temple of Time, as these are the two starting points upon resuming a saved game. If Link talks to one, he will have the option to crawl inside it to bring up the Visions screen. Both Sheikah Stones are absent in the Master Quest version of the game.
Majora's Mask 3D
After Link obtains the Practice Sword in Skyward Sword, a Sheikah Stone will appear and talk to him outside the Sparring Hall. From then on, the hero can summon a Gossip Stone by playing the "Ballad of the Goddess" wherever a group of Blessed Butterflies appear.
Just like the Gossip Stones, Sheikah Stones react to different items:
|Bomb||Fly into the sky and explode|
|Whip||Latch on and spin|
|Bow||Release a Green Rupee for every Arrow shot|
|Glittering Spores||Shrink until it disappears|
Cadence of Hyrule
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Pierre Sheikah||Same as English.|
|German||Shiekah-Stein||Same as English.|
|Italian||Pietra Sheikah||Same as English.|
|SpanishLA||Piedra sheikah||Same as English.|
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 25 (OoT3D | SS)
- "Oh, look! A Sheikah Stone! Maybe if you bump into the Sheikah Stone to activate it... ...it'll open this door." — Trill (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "The Great Deku Tree said they help people who are lost or troubled to find their way again. If there's ever anything you need to know, you should try asking one for help." — Navi (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "I'm a stone of few words so I'll get right to it. I can see you're playing in Hero Mode, so clearly you've mastered all the puzzles out there before. I think that's pretty impressive! Tell you what, I'm going to go ahead and give you access to all the hints right from the start." — Sheikah Stone (Skyward Sword)
- "This Sheikah Stone looks a little different. You'll need to defeat all enemies on the screen before you can activate it!" — Trill (Cadence of Hyrule)