Features and Overview
Shatterback Point is a cape jutting out from Ploymus Mountain over the East Reservoir Lake in the Lanayru Great Spring. It is a popular diving spot, despite its dangers, and is often used by the Zora thrill-seeker, Gruve. To deter would-be divers, a Sign cautioning travelers was placed at its tip, and Laflat has begun searching for Pictures of the Lynel atop Ploymus Mountain to scare anyone whom Gruve may have goaded into diving. Shatterback Point is one of the locations that is affected by the Rain generated by Divine Beast Vah Ruta.
Shatterback Point derives its name from the dangers of jumping into water from a great height.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||試しの岬 (Tameshi no Misaki)||Cape of Trials|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Shatterback Point" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Diving spot?] My favorite diving spot of late is Shatterback Point at the tip of Ploymus Mountain. I can scarcely put it into words...the joy of your own reflection when diving into East Reservoir Lake from there... However, a Lynel does reside on Ploymus Mountain. If you go, be prepared for the worst." — Gruve (Breath of the Wild)
- "JUMP AT YOUR OWN RISK!" — Sign (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's a red-maned monster called a Lynel that lives on Ploymus Mountain. I REALLY need a picture of a Lynel. It can be a picture of any red-maned Lynel. Not just the one on the mountain. So what do you say? Can you get me a picture of a Lynel?" — Laflat (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Understood!] I am glad that was settled so quickly. See, there's this fool in the domain who goads people into jumping off of Shatterback Point on Ploymus Mountain. It's an incredibly dangerous jump, and this guy pressures people into jumping off by questioning their courage. He's a real bottom-feeder. If this keeps up, someone is surely going to wind up horribly injured! Does that answer your question, Link? I'll leave the details to you. Just bring me a picture of Lynel so I can describe them in terrible detail. Thank you!" — Laflat (Breath of the Wild)