|Use(s)||Invincibility when standing still|
Location and Uses
The Serpent's Toga is an Outfit that can be crafted at Madame Couture's after Link completes The Lady's Lair. The Outfit features a snake-like headdress and turns Link's eyes bright red with slit pupils.
While wearing the Serpent's Toga, Link can turn into a stone statue by standing still for approximately one second, giving him temporary invincibility. In this state, Link is unaffected by Enemy attacks, explosions of Bombs, and gusts of air, fire and ice. He remains vulnerable to falls, Quicksand and Lava.
Link can become a statue while carrying an object or other Links in a Totem, or while being carried as part of a Totem, but not while readying a Weapon or charging his Sword for a Spin Attack. He will instantly revert to his normal state by performing any of the following actions:
- Walking or Dashing
- Using his Sword or Item
- Throwing or catching an object or other Links
- Being moved by another Link's Boomerang, Water Rod, Gust Jar, or Gripshot
- Being thrown by another Link; simply being lifted or caught in a Totem will not cause him to revert.
The design of the Serpent's Toga is likely inspired by Medusa, the Greek mythological monster who could turn any who gazed upon her into stone, and who is often depicted with snakes in place of her hair.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||カチコチのトーガ (Kachikochi no Tōga)|
|FrenchCA||Toge d'invincibilité||Toga of invincibility|
|FrenchEU||Toge d'invincibilité||Toga of invincibility|
|SpanishEU||Toga invencible||Invincible toga|
|SpanishLA||Toga invencible||Invincible toga|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 137
- "Rock solid!
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Stop moving and you'll turn to stone. Invincible stone! It's a curse, but it's not so bad..." — Catalog (Tri Force Heroes)
- "The Serpent's Toga makes you a chiseled, invincible statue. The effect fades upon moving... Such is fashion!" — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)