This article or section contains information about an unreleased Video Game.
It is likely to contain information of a speculative nature and the content may change dramatically as more information becomes available.
The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda series for the Nintendo Switch, and a direct sequel to Breath of the Wild. It is confirmed to be in development presently, but currently has neither a release date nor an official title.
Development of the twentieth game in The Legend of Zelda series began in 2017 after the production for Breath of the Wild ended. During the E3 2019 Nintendo Direct it was announced that it would be a sequel to Breath of the Wild. The idea of creating a direct sequel came from the fact that Eiji Aonuma, producer of Breath of the Wild, wanted to revisit the same Hyrule while incorporating a new story and gameplay mechanics. Initially, new ideas were thought of for DLC but evolved into a new game when too many were gathered.
When asked about cooperative gameplay or Zelda being a playable character, Aonuma declined to answer.
Link with the glowing arm
The mysterious glowing arm on Ganondorf's chest
A Rat being chased by Malice
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Brian Shea, Breath Of The Wild's Director Is Returning For The Sequel, Game Informer, published June 11, 2019, retrieved June 12, 2019.
- ↑ "Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - First Look Trailer - Nintendo E3 2019" — Nintendo, Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - First Look Trail..., YouTube, published June 11, 2019, retrieved May 10, 2020.
- ↑ Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion pg. 424
- ↑ "The sequel to The Legend of #Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development for #NintendoSwitch!" — Nintendo of America, Nintendo of America on Twitter: "The sequel to The Legend of #Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development for #NintendoSwitch!...", Twitter, published June 11, 2019, retrieved June 11, 2019.
- ↑ "Initially we were thinking of just DLC ideas, but then we had a lot of ideas and we said, "This is too many ideas, let's just make one new game and start from scratch."" —Eiji Aonuma (Breath Of The Wild Is Getting A Sequel Because The Team Had Too Many DLC Ideas (And Other Info From Zelda's Producer))
- ↑ Colin Stevens and Samuel Claiborn, HERE'S WHAT ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD SEQUEL'S CREATOR IS WILLING TO SAY ABOUT CO-OP - E3 2019, IGN, published June 12, 2019, retrieved June 13, 2019.