|Use(s)||Obtaining the Level 2 Sword|
|Comparable Item(s)||Korok Seed|
Location and Uses
Secret Seashells are hidden collectibles scattered across Koholint Island. There is a total of 26 Secret Seashells for Link to find. They can be found underneath Bushes, Rocks, underwater, or inside Treasure Chests. Though typically obtained one at a time, Link may receive two at the Seashell Mansion as long as he is already carrying exactly five or ten seashells.
Once the Level 2 Sword is obtained, any remaining Secret Seashell will either disappear or be replaced with 20 Rupees.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Conchiglie misteriose||Mysterious Seashells|
|SpanishLA||Caracola secreta||Secret Seashell|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 137(LA)
- "I am the spirit of the mansion. I have been waiting for someone to overcome the darkness. Find all the secret shells and go through the gate to receive the ultimate sword!" — Spirit of the Mansion (Link's Awakening DX)
- Link's Awakening manual, pg. 19
- "SECRET SHELLS
These shells are scattered throughout the island. If you find enough of them, something good is sure to happen." (Link's Awakening DX manual, pg. 25)
- "To get extras, go to the Mansion when you have either five or ten Shells. Get freebies when you have exactly five or ten." (The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening Player's Guidepublisher=Nintendo of America Inc.
Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd. (), pg. 87)
- "WOOF! Dig! RUFF!" — BowWow (Link's Awakening DX)
- "If you return to Mabe Village with BowWow, Madame MeowMeow will thank you and ask you to take him for a walk. He has a sharp nose and can sniff out Secret Shells-if you have the Shovel." (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening – Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America, Inc.
Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.), pg. 33)
- "The game tells you only that something special will happen when you collect enough Secret Shells. If you take 20 of them to the Seashell Mansion, you'll earn the Level 2 Sword." (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening – Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America, Inc.
Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.), pg. 87)