|Use(s)||The lock in the Sealed Grounds which seals The Imprisoned in its prison|
|Comparable Object(s)||Goddess Sword|
The Sealing Spike is a sacred lock with the purpose of maintaining the seal on the The Imprisoned in Skyward Sword. It is located in the Sealed Grounds. It is presumably destroyed with Demise when Link wishes for the destruction of the Demon King in the present, causing the Isle of the Goddess to fall from the sky and land in The Imprisoned's pit, destroying the monster.
Location and Uses
The Sealing Spike was constructed by Hylia in the distant past to serve as a lock on The Imprisoned. In the present era, Zelda, the mortal incarnation of the goddess Hylia, travels through the Gate of Time and arrives at the Temple of Hylia, at a time where Demise was only recently sealed. Following the plan originally devised by Hylia, Zelda puts herself into a suspended animation in order to sustain the seal placed upon Demise, while Impa becomes the guardian of the temple, watching over Zelda during her slumber.
The Sealing Spike not only serves as the seal on Demise, but also as The Imprisoned's vulnerable point whenever it breaks free from its prison. The Sealing Spike, which is impaled in the monster's head, can be accessed either by destroying its toes and knocking the creature down, or by using the Groosenator to launch Link directly onto the beast's head. Once he has access to the Sealing Spike, Link hammers it back into The Imprisoned's skull by smashing it with his sword. After The Imprisoned is defeated, Link must use a Skyward Strike on the Sealing Spike to restore the seal on Demise.
- In the game files of Skyward Sword, this object is solely referred to as the White Stone; however, no mention of this name occurs in-game. In addition, there is a file named "Black Stone" consisting of an unused model similar to the Sealing Spike. Given its name and its appearance, it may have been intended to be a counterpart of the Sealing Spike.
- Curiously, the Sealing Spike is not present in the past during Ghirahim's ritual, and its absence is never brought up or explained.
- Demise's forehead is marked with a noticeable scar, suggesting where the Sealing Spike impaled him.
- The symbols on the three sides of the Sealing Spike are the Marks of the Goddesses.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||封印の石柱 (Fūin no Sekichū)||Stone Pillar of Sealing|
|FrenchCA||Pilier de pierre||Stone Pillar|
|SpanishLA||Sello de piedra|
- "In this era, the wounds inflicted on the land during the battle between the goddess and the demon king known as Demise have not yet healed." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "I must maintain the seal that Hylia--rather, that I--created so long ago and keep it strong for as long as I am able. With the memories of my former life returning to me, I can see now that this is my purpose." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "The seal's strength will not last. Sooner or later the great beast shall break its shackles once more. Fortunately, I hear Groose has been hard at work preparing something for its next assault. Link, you must move fast. You must imbue your sword with the power of the three sacred flames." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "No... I fear the seal has given way once again. That terrible beast is awakening even as we speak. It is likely that the monster reacted to the sacred power given off by your sword. I wish it had not happened, but there was no other way to open the gate. So it goes... Link, you must imprison the beast once again." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "I knew it. The seal has given way. I'll explain later, but now is the time for action. We must keep that beast from escaping that pit! It must not reach the temple!" — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Now, Link! Strike the sealing spike with a Skyward Strike, and restore the seal! Quickly!" — Impa (Skyward Sword)