The Sea Chart from The Wind Waker
Navigating the sea
Location and Uses
The Wind Waker
The Sea Chart is split up into 7-by-7 sections in The Wind Waker. When Link first receives the Chart, it has only Windfall and Outset Island and the Forsaken Fortress mapped on it. After completing Dragon Roost Cavern, the Fishman will offer to fill in the remaining sectors of the chart, as well as reveal select information related to them, in exchange for a feeding of All-Purpose Bait.
The Sea Chart is updated further as Link advances in his quest, such as by marking the locations of sunken treasure that have been salvaged and showing the whereabouts of the Ghost Ship. To better aid Link, the King of Red Lions will also mark the Chart with the location of his current objective.
In Phantom Hourglass, the Sea Chart is divided in four Charts that can be found in the Temple of the Ocean King. Most Islands are already displayed on the Chart upon obtaining it. However, there are uncharted Islands which only appear upon visiting them. To navigate the World of the Ocean King, Link must draw the desired trajectory of the SS Linebeck on the Sea Chart.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Carte maritime (PH)||Marine map|
|Italian||Carta Nautica||Nautical Chart|
|SpanishEU||Carta Náutica||Nautical Chart|
|SpanishLA||Carta náutica (PH)||Nautical chart|
- "Ah! One more thing. When you are out at sea with few landmarks to go by, you will be at the mercy of your Sea Chart. I have marked the place we should currently be heading for on your Sea Chart." — King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker HD)
- "A Sea Chart? I wonder if it marks the treasure?" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 35)
- "That Sea Chart you found...Marks the temples where the monsters lurk." (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 40)
- "It will guide us on our journey!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 40)
- "About this Sea Chart... I can't read it. Old Man Oshus said it shows the temples where the monsters live...But I don't see anything." (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 49)
- "Gimme that! Maybe it needs cleaning... A symbol appeared!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 40, 41)
- "Gimme that! I was just about to try that!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 41)
- "The fortune-teller said we'd find a clue to the Ghost Ship in the northwestern sea!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 53)
- "The Isle of Gust is here...And here's Molida Island!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 94)