Artwork of Scervo
Scervo is a formidable pirate captain who once commanded a crew of pirates. He uses a drill which acts like a sword that sparks with electricity. Many years ago, Scervo had taken over the Sandship from Skipper and is still under his command. It is also implied by Fi that Scervo once served Skipper before mutinying from him. Link encounters Scervo on the Sandship and must fight him.
The battle is based on a ring-out endurance, and has three rounds. Behind Link is a spike-equipped wall that will hurt him upon contact. Behind Scervo is a chasm that leads to the Lanayru Sand Sea. Link must attack Scervo so he can force him to retreat, and put him closer to the other extreme. Conversely, Scervo will try to attack Link as well, and the more times he does so (particularly double attacks), the more steps he will take forwards, which Link must prevent. When Scervo is about to fall, he throws an attack that forces Link to retreat, and the spike wall will advance several steps forward, shortening the length of the battlefield. Upon a second call of a potential fall, Scervo will lose his right arm, and will then start attacking with his left arm (a gold hook) by rotating his entire central body. Only when Link manages to put him close enough to the extreme, he will finally fall down under.
After the battle, Fi comments that she admires how it managed to function for so long, considering that this battle takes place in the present, when all the other robots (until the revival of Scrapper) are dead.
- Internal files in Skyward Sword show Scervo's name as "LD-002G Scervo;" this is the name used in the European version, which was released first.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||RS-002G ドン・ゲラー (RS-002G Don Gerā)||DL-002G Don Gera|
|FrenchCA||DL-002Z Don Gera|
|FrenchEU||DL-002Z Capitaine Zigouille||DL-002Z Captain Snuffed|
|German||WR-0026C Drahtbart||WR-0026C Wire Beard|
|Italian||DR-002G Capitan Bruto||DR-002G Capitan Brutus|
|SpanishLA||DL-002G Don Gera|
- "Scervo" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 345)
- "The pirate captain is a mechanical maniac, zrrt! Worse, he has plenty of evil underlings too, vrrm!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "It was the day of the storm, phoo-weep... My crew and I were navigating the seas as usual, vrrm... And then those brutes, bzzt...the pirates, suddenly attacked us, brrzt. They were after Nayru's Flame, zzpt. My crew was imprisoned...vrrrt...and I was thrown into the sea!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "This mutinous robot stole this ship from Skipper long ago." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, that synthetic life-form... There is a 99% chance that it was the pirate described by the captain. I can't help but admire the tenacity it has displayed in staying alive and functional all these years." — Fi (Skyward Sword)