Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Scervo is a formidable pirate captain who once commanded a crew of pirates. He uses a drill which acts like a sword that sparks with electricity. Many years ago, Scervo had usurped the Sandship from Skipper and is still under his command. It is also implied by Fi that Scervo once served Skipper before mutinying from him. Link encounters Scervo on the Sandship and must fight him.
The battle is based on a ring-out endurance, and has three rounds. Behind Link is a spike-equipped wall that will hurt him upon contact. Behind Scervo is a chasm that leads to the Lanayru Sand Sea. Link must attack Scervo so he can force him to retreat to the edge of the Sandship, and put him closer to the chasm. Conversely, Scervo will try to attack Link as well, and the more times he does so (particularly double attacks), the more steps he will take forwards, which Link must prevent. When Scervo is about to fall, he throws an attack that forces Link to retreat, and the spike wall will advance several steps forward, reducing the amount of space Link has to fight. When Link knocks Scervo to the edge a second time, the robot will lose his right arm, and will then start attacking with his left arm (a gold hook) by rotating his entire central body. When Link drives him close enough to the edge, the pirate captain will fall off the ship into the Sand Sea and meet his demise.
After the battle, Fi comments that she admires how it managed to function for so long, considering that this battle takes place in the present, when all the other robots (until the revival of Scrapper) are dead.
- Internal files in Skyward Sword show Scervo's name as "LD-002G Scervo;" this is the name used in the European version, which was released first.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||RS-002G ドン・ゲラー (RS-002G Don Gerā)||DL-002G Don Gera|
|FrenchCA||DL-002Z Don Gera|
|FrenchEU||DL-002Z Capitaine Zigouille||DL-002Z Captain Snuffed|
|German||WR-0026C Drahtbart||WR-0026C Wire Beard|
|Italian||DR-002G Capitan Bruto||DR-002G Capitan Brutus|
|SpanishLA||DL-002G Don Gera|
- "Target lock: LD-002S Scervo This mutinous robot stole this ship from Skipper long ago. He still commands the ship today. When fighting in a narrow space like this, it is more effective to use thrust attacks with your sword than to try to swing your sword widely." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 189
- "The pirate captain is a mechanical maniac, zrrt! Worse, he has plenty of evil underlings too, vrrm!" — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "It was the day of the storm, phoo-weep... My crew and I were navigating the seas as usual, vrrm... And then those brutes, bzzt...the pirates, suddenly attacked us, brrzt. They were after Nayru's Flame, zzpt. My crew was imprisoned...vrrrt...and I was thrown into the sea!" — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, that synthetic life-form... There is a 99% chance that it was the pirate described by the captain. I can't help but admire the tenacity it has displayed in staying alive and functional all these years." — Fi (Skyward Sword)