A Scarecrow from Twilight Princess
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
- Main article: Bonooru
Two Scarecrows are featured in Ocarina of Time, by the names of Bonooru and Pierre. Bonooru claims he has a great memory and loves music, and will learn whatever song Link plays for him on the Ocarina. When Link meets him seven years later, however, he can't remember the tune and needs Link to remind him. Pierre lives near Bonooru, and he enjoys this music as well. As a reward for reminding him of the song played to him seven years earlier, Bonooru tells Pierre to appear for Link whenever he is nearby and hears the song.
Pierre can be found near Bonooru on the shores of Lake Hylia. Navi will point out spots where Pierre can be called by playing the "Scarecrow's Song" that Link composed for Bonooru. Pierre will appear allowing Link to Hookshot to him. This is handy to reach otherwise inaccessible niches in dungeons.
To gain this "reward", Link must first play a song, which he can make up and press B when it is done, as a kid to Bonooru. Then, Link must return as an adult and play it to the same Scarecrow. Afterwards, the song will be set, allowing Link to summon Pierre at any time. However, this song is not stored in the Pause Screen, unlike the other songs.
- Main article: Pierre
Pierre is much the same as his Ocarina of Time counterpart. He loves music and will learn a song played for him on the Ocarina of Time. However, this song must be re-taught to him if the "Song of Time" is played. If Link talks to him, he will offer to dance. If Link accepts, time will pass until the next dawn or night. This will not work on the night of the Final Day as Pierre leaves the town. After dancing, he will ask Link if he wants to learn a way to speed up or slow down time. He says that playing a "mysterious song" (the "Song of Time") will allow Link to manipulate the flow of time: playing it backwards will slow down time, and playing each note twice in a row will make time move forward.
In Twilight Princess, there is a Scarecrow near Link's House, with which he can practice attacking with the Wooden Sword in the beginning of the game. A few other Scarecrows can be seen later as well.
A Link Between Worlds
Breath of the Wild
Link's Crossbow Training
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
- Main article: Kakashi
- "You played the Scarecrow's Song." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "I am Bonooru, the scarecrow musical genius! I hear a song once, and I never forget it, baby!" — Bonooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey! Aren't you the fairy buddy I met a long time ago? Wow, you grew, dude! Well, here's your song... What? No, I never forget! You, you're the one who forgot... aren't you? If you have an Ocarina, play that song, baby!" — Bonooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "OH YEAHHH!! That's it, that's the tune!! You rock!! I'm blown away! Oh, no, no! I didn't forget the song...I never forget anything! But I just feel like rewarding you, baby! ........ I have a good idea! My buddy Pierre is wandering around, so play that tune when you want to call him! I'll tell him to help you if he's nearby and hears that song, baby!" — Bonooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "But outside it seems to have gotten kind of...dangerous. Yikes...I'm gettin' outta town!" — Pierre (Majora's Mask)
- "I know of a mysterious song that allows you to manipulate the flow of time..." — Pierre (Majora's Mask)
- "If you play that strange song backward, you can slow the flow of time. And if you play each note twice in a row, you can move a half day forward through time. How's that? Pretty interesting, isn't it?" — Pierre (Majora's Mask)