In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
- Main article: Bonooru
Two Scarecrows are featured in Ocarina of Time, by the names of Bonooru and Pierre. Bonooru claims he has a great memory and loves music, and will learn any original, 8-note song that the child Link plays for him on the Ocarina. When Link returns and meet him as an adult, however, Bonooru can't remember the tune and needs Link to remind him. As thanks for playing the song again, Bonooru has his friend Pierre appear and help Link whenever he plays the newly-dubbed "Scarecrow's Song". Pierre lives near Bonooru on the shores of Lake Hylia, and he enjoys music as well. He helps Link to reach otherwise inaccessible locations by appearing and acting as a target for Link's Hookshot.
- Main article: Pierre
Pierre is much the same as his Ocarina of Time counterpart. He loves music and will learn a song played for him on the Ocarina of Time. However, this song must be re-taught to him if the "Song of Time" is played. If Link talks to him, he will offer to dance. If Link accepts, time will pass until the next dawn or night. This will not work on the night of the Final Day as Pierre leaves the town. After dancing, he will ask Link if he wants to learn a way to speed up or slow down time. He says that playing a "mysterious song" (the "Song of Time") will allow Link to manipulate the flow of time: playing it backwards will slow down time, and playing each note twice in a row will make time move forward.
In Twilight Princess, there is a Scarecrow near Link's House, with which he can practice attacking with the Wooden Sword in the beginning of the game. A few other Scarecrows can be seen later as well.
A Link Between Worlds
Breath of the Wild
- "You played the Scarecrow's Song." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "I am Bonooru, the scarecrow musical genius! I hear a song once, and I never forget it, baby!" — Bonooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey! Aren't you the fairy buddy I met a long time ago? Wow, you grew, dude! Well, here's your song... What? No, I never forget! You, you're the one who forgot... aren't you? If you have an Ocarina, play that song, baby!" — Bonooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "OH YEAHHH!! That's it, that's the tune!! You rock!! I'm blown away! Oh, no, no! I didn't forget the song...I never forget anything! But I just feel like rewarding you, baby! ........ I have a good idea! My buddy Pierre is wandering around, so play that tune when you want to call him! I'll tell him to help you if he's nearby and hears that song, baby!" — Bonooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "But outside it seems to have gotten kind of...dangerous. Yikes...I'm gettin' outta town!" — Pierre (Majora's Mask)
- "I know of a mysterious song that allows you to manipulate the flow of time..." — Pierre (Majora's Mask)
- "If you play that strange song backward, you can slow the flow of time. And if you play each note twice in a row, you can move a half day forward through time. How's that? Pretty interesting, isn't it?" — Pierre (Majora's Mask)