- This article is about the Sheikah Monk. For the Ancient Shrine named after this character, see Sasa Kai Shrine.
Sasa Kai is a Sheikah Monk who serves the Goddess Hylia. Following the first Great Calamity and the ostracism of the Sheikah 10,000 years prior to Breath of the Wild, Sasa Kai became a Monk and constructed an Ancient Shrine to help prepare Link against the threat of Calamity Ganon.
Following Link's Slumber of Restoration in the Shrine of Resurrection, the Sasa Kai Shrine is activated and can then be entered by someone bearing a Sheikah Slate. When Link enters the Shrine, he is greeted by the Monk and is offered the Shrine's Trial in the name of Hylia. If Link completes the Trial, Sasa Kai praises him and rewards the Hylian Champion with a Spirit Orb. With their role fulfilled, Sasa Kai wishes Link well as their body fades away.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Creating a Champion pg. 370
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Sasa Kai. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this combat trial." — Sasa Kai (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion pg. 368
- Creating a Champion pg. 375
- "Your triumph over the test of strength subverts a prophecy of ruin. From the ashes of Hyrule, a hero rises. In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Sasa Kai (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Sasa Kai (Breath of the Wild)