We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Other Media||Ocarina of Time (Himekawa)|
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
|Voice Actor(s)||Jun Mizusawa|
Saria is a character in Ocarina of Time. She is Link's childhood friend from his years in the Kokiri Forest. She is well-liked amongst other Kokiri, in particular by their boss, Mido, whose dislike of Link might be partially explained by the latter's close friendship with Saria. She often travels to the Sacred Forest Meadow to play her Ocarina. She plays a song that inspires people to dance called "Saria's Song." When Link becomes the Hero of Time, he rescues Saria from the Forest Temple and allows her to awaken as the Forest Sage.
Saria is the first of the Kokiri to greet Link after he receives a Fairy of his own. She congratulates him for finally finding a Fairy and is surprised to hear that the Great Deku Tree has summoned Link, as it is a great honor to speak with him. After receiving his quest from the Great Deku Tree, Saria meets Link at the exit to the forest to say goodbye. She gives him the Fairy Ocarina and asks him to come back and visit her.
Once Link has met with Princess Zelda, he can find Saria in the Sacred Forest Meadow, where she will teach the young hero the song which she composed. This song allows Link to speak with her at any time and is also used to brighten Darunia's mood, thus allowing him to grant Link access to Dodongo's Cavern.
During Link's seven year absence, Mido kept spreading the rumor that Link was responsible for the death of the Great Deku Tree. Of all Kokiri, Saria was the only one who stood up for Link. When Link awakes, the Forest Temple in the Lost Woods becomes his first destination after an emergency call from Saria. On the way, he comes through Kokiri Forest where the Kokiri inform him that both Saria and Mido had left to the Lost Woods. Following them, Link first encounters Mido, who refused to let him pass. However, after playing "Saria's Song," Mido understands that Link has to be one of Saria's friends and as such can be trusted and let through. Link continues to the Sacred Meadow Grove and discovered that Saria's "secret place" housed the entrance to the Forest Temple. Link then goes in and manages to defeat the temple's evil spirit, Phantom Ganon. By doing this, he allows the new Forest Sage to awaken: Saria. She then says goodbye, knowing that the carefree days of old were over, and gives Link the Forest Medallion.
When Link later talks to Mido again, the latter asks him if he would help him keep a promise to Saria: to tell Link that Saria had been waiting for him. When Link defeats Ganon, Saria and the other Sages bundle their powers to seal away Ganon. During the ending, she can be seen overlooking a celebrating Hyrule on Death Mountain with the other Sages, seated atop Darunia's head.
- In The Wind Waker, one of the stained glass windows in Hyrule Castle's basement depicts Saria along with the other Sages from Ocarina of Time .
- Also in The Wind Waker, a carving seen behind Carlov in the Nintendo Gallery bears a strong resemblance to Saria.
Saria's name, like several other characters from Ocarina of Time, is taken from a town in The Adventure of Link. Given her connection with music and that fellow Kokiri Mido and Fado have musically-oriented names, Saria may come from the word "aria", a type of song.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||森の賢者、サリア (Mori no Kenja, Saria)||Sage of the Forest, Saria|
|ChineseSI||森之贤者 萨莉娅 (Sēn zhi Xiánzhě Sàlìyà)||Sage of the Forest, Saria|
|ChineseTR||森之賢者 莎莉亞 (Sēn zhi Xiánzhě Shālìyà)||Sage of the Forest, Saria|
|French||Sage de la Forêt, Saria||Sage of the Forest, Saria|
|German||Weise des Waldes,Salia||Sage of the Forest, Salia|
|Italian||Saria, Saggio della Foresta||Saria, Sage of the Forest|
|SpanishLA||Saria, Sabia del bosque (OoT3D)||Saria, Sage of the forest|
- "I am Saria. The Sage of the Forest Temple..." — Saria (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "I will stay here as the Forest Sage and help you..." — Saria (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "It looks like you have the skills you need... The forest girl is waiting for your help...." — Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
- "Saria of the Kokiri tribe was the Sage of the Forest." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 89)
- "That meanie, Mido, made me cut the grass at Saria's house. Mido told Saria he would do it so she would like him, but I'm the one doing all the work! You and Saria are close friends, so will you help me cut the grass? I'll let you keep anything that you find while cutting it." — Kokiri (Ocarina of Time)
- "I've been waiting for you, Link! This is the Sacred Forest Meadow. It's my secret place! I feel... This place will be very important for both of us someday. That's what I feel. If you play the Ocarina here, you can talk with the spirits in the forest." — Saria (Ocarina of Time)
- "Yahoo! Hi, Link! Wow! A fairy!! Finally, a fairy came to you, Link! Wow! That's great news! I'm so happy for you! Now you're a true Kokiri, Link! Is that right? The Great Deku Tree has summoned you? It's quite an honor to talk to the Great Deku Tree! I'll wait for you here. Get going! Go see the Great Deku Tree!" — Saria (Ocarina of Time)
- "Oh, you're leaving... I knew... that you would leave the forest... someday, Link... Because you are different from me and my friends.... But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever... won't we? I want you to have this Ocarina... Please take good care of it. When you play my Ocarina, I hope you will think of me and come back to the forest to visit." — Saria (Ocarina of Time)
- "You received the Fairy Ocarina! This is a memento from Saria." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "Have you been traveling around much, mister? Have you ever met a boy named Link? Mido said that the Great Deku Tree withered because that boy did something wrong to it... Only Saria defended Link--until she left. Maybe we misunderstood..." — Kokiri (Ocarina of Time)
- "Great! You're safe! I knew I would hear from you again! I'm in the Forest Temple! The forest spirits were calling for help, so I went to check it out... But it's full of evil monsters! Help me, Link!" — Saria (Ocarina of Time)
- "Where's Saria? Do you know Saria, mister? That's weird... Where has Mido gone during such an emergency?" — Know-it-All Brother (Ocarina of Time)
- "An evil wind is blowing from the direction of the Forest Temple. Saria left, saying, "I have to do something about it!" The Forest Temple is located in the Sacred Forest Meadow in the far side of the Lost Woods." — Know-it-All Brother (Ocarina of Time)
- "What are you? Though you wear Kokirish clothing, you can't fool me! I promised Saria I would never let anybody go through here." — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "That melody?! Saria plays that song all the time! You...Do you know Saria? That song... Saria taught that song only to her friends... OK... I trust you. When I see you... I don't know why, but I remember... him..." — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "I always believed that you would come. Because I know you... No... You don't have to explain it to me... Because it is destiny that you and I can't live in the same world." — Saria (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "You received the Forest Medallion! Saria awakens as a Sage and adds her power to yours!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Oh...I see... Saria won't ever come back... But...I...I made a promise to Saria... If Link came back, I would be sure to tell him that Saria had been waiting for him... Because Saria...really... liked... Hey, you. If you see him somewhere, please let him know... And also... I'm sorry for being mean to him. Tell him that, too." — Mido (Ocarina of Time)