Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Game(s)||Breath of the Wild|
|Main Prize||Ancient Orb|
|Cost||50 Rupees |
Location and Rules
During the race, Link must Sand-Seal Surf through a course following a series of marked arches. If Link gets off his Shield or leaves the course bounds, he will be disqualified. The first time Link attempts to race, the Shrine Quest, "The Undefeated Champ", will begin. For 50 Rupees, Link must beat the current record of 1:30, held by the Sand-Seal Racing champion, Tali. If Link succeeds, he will be rewarded with an Ancient Orb used to reveal the Raqa Zunzo Shrine. After completing the Shrine Quest, Link can try to beat his own record for 100 Rupees. If Link succeeds, he will earn a Gold Rupee.
- "The sand-seal race is a traditional Gerudo competition. The champion may even be there right now!" — Laine (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now that the Divine Beast is gone, we can finally use the race course!" — Shabonne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ride the sand seal to compete for the best time while also going through the marked arches. If you get off your shield or leave the course bounds, you're disqualified." — Shabonne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Just 50 rupees per race. How about it?" — Shabonne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Tali's record is 1:30! If you can beat that record, that trophy is yours." — Shabonne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Beat the great Tali's time and walk away with the one and only trophy!" — Shabonne (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's a legend shared among sand-seal racers that the grand trophy is the key to finding an ancient treasure." — Shabonne (Breath of the Wild)
- "So do you wanna take a ride? Even as the champion, you'll need to pay 100 rupees each time." — Shabonne (Breath of the Wild)
- "The best time so far is [X]. If you can beat it, you'll be awarded 300 rupees!" — Shabonne (Breath of the Wild)