Sanctuary (A Link to the Past)
Features and Overview
After Link rescues Princess Zelda from her prison in Hyrule Castle, he uses a secret tunnel to take her to the Sanctuary. She remains there with the Loyal Sage, hiding from Agahnim. However, when the hero withdraws the Master Sword from its pedestal, the Sanctuary is attacked by soldiers. When Link reaches the Sanctuary, he finds the wounded Loyal Sage lying on the ground. The sage informs the him that the princess was kidnapped and taken back to the castle so Agahnim could use her to open the Seven Sages' seal.
The Sanctuary is last seen during the ending credits, showing that the Loyal Sage has fully recovered from his wounds.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "The two of you cannot stay together, so I shall hide Princess Zelda here." — Loyal Sage (A Link to the Past)
- "Link! Help! The soldiers are coming to the Sanctuary! AIEEEEEEE! ... ... ..." — Princess Zelda (A Link to the Past)
- "Link! You are a second too late. I have failed... Zelda... The soldiers have abducted her. They have taken her to the castle. You must find her before the wizard works his magic. Please...You are our only hope..." — Loyal Sage (A Link to the Past)
- "Yes...and were he successful, the master of evil would marshal his forces against this world again!" (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power), pg. 14)
- "Princess Zelda... Come back to the castle quietly! Even if you run to the ends of Hyrule, you will not escape me!" (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power), pg. 15)
- "It's no use fighting Agahnim with an ordinary sword! You need the Master Sword of legends past!" (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power), pg. 17)
- "There's just one thing! The Master Sword--where is it?!" (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power), pg. 18)
|Locations in A Link to the Past|
|Locations in the Light World||Locations in the Dark World|
Click on a location
Click on a location