Skull Kid (TP)
Features and Overview
A Link to the Past
The Sacred Grove is located in the northern portion of the Lost Woods in A Link to the Past. Both the Grove and Woods are covered in fog when Link enters. Once the hero pulls the Master Sword from its pedestal after obtaining the three Pendants of Virtue, the fog will disappear. The Sacred Grove is home of various animals such as Squirrels. After defeating Ganon, Link returns the Master Sword to its pedestal in the Grove during the ending credits.
The Sacred Grove is located deep within the Faron Province and adjacent to the Forest Temple in Twilight Princess. It is first visited after Princess Zelda tells Link that the only way his curse will break is by finding the Master Sword. Upon entering the Grove, Wolf Link must howl "Zelda's Lullaby" at the Howling Stone to make Skull Kid appear, who will open a new path further into the forest. From this point on, Link must chase Skull Kid as he traverses through the forest area while avoiding his Puppets. After finding Skull Kid three times, he will retreat into a new area of the Sacred Grove, which is surrounded by ruins. By striking him three more times, he will vanish and open up the passage to the section that once was where the Temple of Time stood.
Before entering the final forest area where the Master Sword is hidden, Wolf Link must howl "Zelda's Lullaby" once again to active two guardian statues. These statues will ask that Link solve their puzzle in order to enter the true Sacred Grove. After Link completes the puzzle, the guards will yield passage to the location of the Master Sword. When Wolf Link approaches it, Zant's curse breaks, allowing him to return to his Hylian form and proceed to retrieve the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time.
As Link is searching for the missing Mirror Shards, the hero must return to the Sacred Grove and once again play hide-and-seek with Skull Kid. Besting the Skull Kid at his own game will make him and his Puppets vanish from the Grove. Once Link returns to the Pedestal of Time, he will briefly thrust the Master Sword in it, removing a guardian statue that was blocking the Door of Time. Entering through this door allows Link to travel back in time before the Temple of Time fell into ruin.
During the ending credits, The Resistance can be seen exploring an area of the Sacred Grove.
A Link Between Worlds
The Sacred Grove is located in the northern portion of the Lost Woods in A Link Between Worlds. Link can enter the Grove after following the Poes in the Woods. Once he has obtained the three Pendants of Virtue, Link can pull the Master Sword from its pedestal, causing the fog and Poes to disappear. The Sacred Grove is home of various animals such as Birds. After defeating Yuga Ganon, the hero returns the Master Sword to its resting place in the Grove during the ending credits. In Hero Mode, he gathers alongside Princess Zelda and the seven Sages after returning the Master Sword.
- During development of Twilight Princess, Link would howl in his Wolf form to startle the statues into moving instead of solving a puzzle.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||森の聖域 (Mori no Seiiki)||Sanctuary of the Forest|
|FrenchEU||Sanctuaire de la forêt||Forest sanctuary|
|German||Heiliger Hain||Holy Grove|
|SpanishEU||Arboleda Sagrada||Sacred Meadow|
- "A Link to the Past
The Sacred Grove deep within the Lost Woods. Extracting the sword will clear the surrounding fog." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 27)
- "Only then can you enter the true Sacred Grove..." — Statue (Twilight Princess HD)
- "A Link Between Worlds
The Sacred Grove deep within the Lost Woods. Removing the sword attracts small birds and animals." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 27)
- "One is in an ancient grove..." — Ancient Sage (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Head for the sacred grove that lies deep within the lands guarded by the spirit Faron. There you will find the blade of evil's bane that was crafted by the wisdom of the ancient sages...the Master Sword." — Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess)
- "We are guardians of this land... Guide us to where we once stood. Only then can you enter the true Sacred Grove..." — Guardian Statue (Twilight Princess)
- "The sword accepted you as its master..." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "Originally, Link would howl in his beast form to startle the statues into moving. In the final game, however, players must solve a puzzle." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse), pg. 199)
|Hyrule in Twilight Princess|
|Click on a location|