|Era||Era of Twilight|
Unnamed newborn daughter
Rusl serves as Link's mentor in Ordon Village, tutoring him in Sword fighting. He is the husband of Uli and father of Colin and a baby girl. Rusl gives Link his first Sword, and also crafted the Ordon Sword Link uses before he obtains the Master Sword.
When Link returns to Ordon Village in his wolf form, Rusl searches the village for the monsters that kidnapped the village children. If he sees Link, he will mistake him for a monster and attack him with his Sword whenever he gets close to him or Uli. After Link clears the Lakebed Temple, he finds Rusl in Telma's Bar alongside the other members of The Resistance, although in an armored disguise. He will only take his helmet off and reveal himself to Link the second time he is spoken to, saying nothing initially. He has been connected with the Resistance and their goal for a long time.
Once Link retrieves the Mirror Shard from the Snowpeak Ruins and returns to Telma's Bar, he learns from Telma that Rusl is in Faron Woods, near the entrance to the Sacred Grove. After he finds Rusl at his location overlooking the Forest Temple, he gives Link a golden Cucco to use to reach the Sacred Grove.
When Link makes his way through Hyrule Castle to obtain the Big Key, he is ambushed by numerous enemies. Rusl and the rest of the Resistance make their entrance and defeat all of the enemies for him, allowing Link to proceed to the last few floors of Hyrule Castle and eventually reach Ganondorf.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Rusl tried to help the children, but he was set upon by the beasts. He last saw the children heading for the woods." — Sera (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 276(TP)
- "My wife, Uli, sent word to me. I have seen the children in Kakariko Village!" — Rusl (Twilight Princess)
- "My son Colin is making a fishing rod so the two of you can play together." — Rusl (Twilight Princess)
- "'What did Colin's dad bring?' [...] 'Ooh, my! Isn't that a wooden sword, Link?'" — Talo and Beth (Twilight Princess)
- "Beast! I have found you! [...] Foul BEAST!" — Rusl (Twilight Princess)
- "I wanted to help the cause. These friends here... I have had a connection with them for a long while." — Rusl (Twilight Princess)
- "Hey, honey, if you're up in the air about where to go next, maybe you ought to go talk to Rusl. He's in Hyrule's southern wood right now, checking out the lay of the land. If you need detailed directions, just take a peek at that map on the table. I wonder if the Sacred Grove that Rusl mentioned is near this mark..." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "To cross the gorge, just use my partner here. ...Do you doubt my partner's skills? He flies like a dream! Believe me! Well, you will definitely make it across the gorge. Wait and see, my doubting friend." — Rusl (Twilight Princess)