Royal Water Park
|Royal Water Park|
The citizens of Hyrule enjoying the water park
The Royal Water Park is a location featured in the "Fairies in the Spring" episode of The Legend of Zelda TV series. It is being constructed per the orders of King Harkinian, who wishes to have a place where the citizens of Hyrule can cool off and have fun.
As the construction of the water park is nearing completion, strange water creatures begin to attack the workers. The workers' boss reports the incident to the king and Link and Zelda promptly go to the water park to investigate. When they arrive, the duo are attacked by a water monster and later Zelda is almost drowned by an Eel, but both are easily defeated. When they resurface, two crab-like monsters grab them and once the heroes zap them both, they see that the King has arrived. Just as Zelda warns him not to stand near the water, a tentacle comes out of the water and grabs him, which takes him deep underwater. Link dives in to the pool but is unable to find neither the king nor the monster.
When Link and Zelda ask the Triforce of Wisdom for advice, she tells them both to keep looking underwater. Using special magic helmets made with the Triforce's powers that allow them to breathe underwater, the duo dive into one of the park's pools and are attacked by a Giant Fish, which ends up taking them into the nearby Fairy Spring. It is eventually discovered that the Fairies of the spring were creating the water monsters as a means of protecting their water source that was being drained by the Royal Water Park. The King, who was talking with the Fairy King all along, explains that their water park was unkowingly taking water from the Fairy Spring. The Fairy King had gotten worried, but now that the king has prompted to use magic ponds as their source, all is forgiven and the construction of the water park is finally completed, where both humans and fairies can enjoy it.
- "Most certainly. Still, my Royal Water Park should be completed soon, then all the kingdom will have some place to cool off and have fun." — King Harkinian (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "Yeah, the king's water park is almost done! We were sure lucky to find that underground spring." — Workers' Boss (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "Never saw anything like it, your majesty. Scared off all my crew and took the whole place!" — Workers' Boss (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "I can't...reach mine either! Oh but, we can zap each other's!" — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "Well, well. Enjoying the park, eh? Good, good. That's what it's for." — King Harkinian (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "Daddy, please! Don't stand so close to the water." — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "Sorry, Zelda. He's...gone, too." — Link (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "To find your father, royal daughter, you must search beneath the water." — Triforce of Wisdom (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "We may have to stay underwater for a while. These magic helmets will allow us to breath." — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "We didn't know who you were. All we knew was somebody was draining our spring." — Spryte's Sister (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )
- "That's right, my dear. I'm afraid our water park was hooked into the fairy water supply. And the fairy king here got worried. Perfectly natural for them to defend it, eh? [...] Not a bit, my dear! We'll just use magic ponds to move our water. Once all the pools are full, we won't need to use any more! I was just explaining that to Oberon here. He's not worried anymore." — King Harkinian (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 11 )