Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Royal Valley is an area in The Minish Cap located to the west of Hyrule Town. Gentari directs Link to the Royal Valley once he has obtained the first three of the Four Elements needed to create the Four Sword.
Features and Overview
The Valley is known for its eerie atmosphere and its dark, foggy climate. Little natural light enters the Valley, so light from the Flame Lantern is used to make headway. The Trees are bleak and decaying, presumably from the lack of sunlight. The entire valley is infested with Takkuri, which roost in the Trees, and ghostly Ghini.
A secret cave can be found by using a Bomb on the wall to the right of the stairs near the Valley's entrance. This cave contains a Great Fairy Fountain that houses the Great Dragonfly Fairy, who asks Link five questions regarding his quest. If he answers them correctly, she will reward him with a larger Quiver. However, if he gets one question wrong, she will take away all his Arrows.
The Valley also contains a forest maze similar to the Lost Woods. Going down at any part of the maze causes Link to leave the forest and return to the starting point. To correctly navigate it, Link must obtain directions from signs along the way. A second set of directions is later given by Dampé, who cannot remember the last turn. This second route leads to a Treasure Chest with 200 Mysterious Shells or 100 Rupees if Link has collected every Figurine in the game. The two paths are:
- ↑ ← ← ↑ → ↑ (Given by the signs)
- ← ← ← ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ (Mostly given by Dampé)
Dampé, the only live Human inhabitant, lives on the other side of the maze and tends to the Graveyard. The Graveyard contains the Royal Crypt, a tomb belonging to Gustaf, a former King of Hyrule. Gina, a rather strange Ghini, lives in a cave underneath the tombstone in the top right corner. She does not attack Link, preferring to Fuse Kinstone Pieces with him. Spekter can also be found here.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Tombeau des Rois|
|Italian||Piana dei re|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 272 (TMC)
- "Looks like you need to find just one more element. Say... Have you been to the Royal Valley, west of Hyrule Castle?" — Gentari (The Minish Cap)
- "You're going to the Royal Valley? I hear that place is haunted... But there's a secret entrance that will get you there from Hyrule Field." — Hyrule Castle Guard (The Minish Cap)
- "I see. Thank you for telling me about your quest. You remember it all so well. Such a faithful memory should be rewarded with some of my power." — Great Dragonfly Fairy (The Minish Cap)
- "You have lied to me. As punishment for your lie, I will reduce your number of arrows to zero." — Great Dragonfly Fairy (The Minish Cap)
- "Normal people can't enter the Royal Valley. There's a cryptic forest that leads into it, and people get lost there. The secret to finding your way through is reading all the signs!" — Hyrule Castle Guard (The Minish Cap)
- "Left, left, left... Up, up, up... Dang! What's that last turn?" — Dampé (The Minish Cap)
- "You want to go to the tomb of King Gustaf of Hyrule? Then you'd probably better talk to Dampé. He's the gravedigger at the cemetery. Nobody knows the Royal Crypt better!" — Hyrule Castle Guard (The Minish Cap)
- "Ghosts from the Royal Valley. The one in the blue cap is Spookter, and the one in the red cap is Spekter. Spookter tries to be scary, but he's just not." — Spekter and Spookter Figurine (The Minish Cap)
|Locations in The Minish Cap|
|Click on a location|