Rosso is a miner who lives north of Kakariko Village at the base of Death Mountain, and owns an Ore Mine at the top of the mountain. He gives Link the Power Glove after noticing that the young hero cannot lift rocks. If Link picks up all of the rocks around Rosso's house, he will reward him with Rupees. After Link clears the Tower of Hera, Rosso goes missing while on a mining expedition, having been kidnapped by Yuga and turned into a Painting. Yuga eventually uses Rosso and the rest of the Sages' power to release Ganon from his seal in order to merge with the Demon King. Yuga then hides Rosso's Painting within the Ice Ruins in Lorule, a frozen labyrinth that contrasts with Rosso's fiery nature.
After Link rescues him from the Ice Ruins, Rosso reveals that he always knew of his status as a Sage, but he always thought it inconsequential, as he was too busy mining rocks. Afterwards, he tells Link that he simply wants to return to cracking rocks. He remains in the Chamber of Sages, awaiting the time for all the other Sages to be rescued by Link. Once they are reunited, he combines his power with the others to cause the Triforce of Courage to materialize above them.
After Hyrule's Triforce is restored to the Hyrulean Sacred Realm and Lorule is restored following the revival of its Triforce, Rosso returns to Hyrule and is seen carrying rocks on Death Mountain with the Bouldering Guy.
- The Goron Emblem appears on Rosso's belt buckle. However, he himself is not a Goron.
- Internal file names refer to Rosso as "Goron", indicating that the race was planned to appear in A Link Between Worlds, or that Rosso was intentionally given Goron-like physical characteristics.
Rosso's name is derived from the Italian word for "red", in reference to his red beard and red picture frame. Of the Sages who were first introduced in A Link Between Worlds, Rosso is the only one whose French name is the same in both the North American and European versions of the game.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Note: The sage Rosso appears in A Link Between Worlds and has a Goron crest on his belt. However, he is Hylian." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 47)
- "This heavy-set and homely man is the miner of Hyrule. Link finds his signs on the way to his mines." (A Link Between Worlds Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 31)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 300 (ALBW)
- "Well, just look at this. Who would have thought I'd see YOU here, Link? Not all that surprised to see me here though. I've know for a long time that I was a Sage. Never told anyone though. It wasn't really a secret. I was just too busy mining all the time to mention it. Speaking of busy--you've still got some work to do here. Find the rest of the Seven Sages, OK? If you do, you'll be all the stronger, Link." — Rosso (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Can't say I care much about all this Demon King business. I just want to get home and crack some rocks. So find the rest of the Seven Sages already. I'm going to go nuts if I'm cooped up here for much longer." — Rosso (A Link Between Worlds)