- This article is about the enemy. For other uses, see Rope (Disambiguation)
|Effective Weapon(s)||Conventional weaponry|
One Rupee (TLoZ)
Five Rupees (TLoZ)
- 1 Characteristics
- 2 Non-canon Appearances
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Nomenclature
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See Also
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
Ropes are poisonous snakes that charge at any target posing a threat to their territory. They are easily dispatched with most conventional weaponry like the Sword and Bow. Unlike most enemies throughout The Legend of Zelda series, Ropes have changed relatively little in attack pattern and appearance.
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda Manual Comment
A Link to the Past
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
|Rope (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|Appears in various areas.|
They'll come straight for you if they
spot you. Just swing your sword when
they charge at you.
Ropes appear in The Minish Cap as fast-moving green snakes, much like their appearance from Four Swords. They are common in Castor Wilds and the Wind Ruins, and appear less frequently in Caves across Hyrule.
A Link Between Worlds
Tri Force Heroes
- Aneru from The Adventure of Link are commonly mistaken for Ropes, but their behavior and appearance are notably different.
- The snake-like Whips from Spirit Tracks have the same color as Ropes from The Legend of Zelda.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- If Link defeats 10 enemies without getting hit or teleporting with the Recorder, then the 10th enemy defeated will drop five Rupees. However, if the 10th enemy is defeated with a Bomb, then it will drop four Bombs. If Link defeats 16 enemies without getting hit or teleporting, then the 16th enemy will drop a Fairy. After the 16th enemy, Link must get hit and reset the counter to zero in order to achieve this effect again. Defeating Armos, Like Likes, Keese, or Gels will not be counted.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 201 (TLoZ | ALttP | LA | OoS | OoA | FS | FSA | TMC | PH | ALBW | TFH)
- "It senses other creatures quickly and suddenly comes after them (and Link, for that matter!) once it has found them out. It hasn't got a lot of attacking power." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 35)
- "A poisonous snake that has made the labyrinths its home." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 35)
- n.a., Forced Drops, redcandle.us, published n.d., retrieved August 17, 2017.
- "Link! Stop zapping those Ropes! Ganon will know we're here!" — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 8 )
- "Oh, I suppose I better get you loose." — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 8 )
- "This is what I tried to tell you! The child was bitten by a rope snake while trying to escape the Lynels!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics) pg. 5)
- "He is beyond by healing powers! He will not last beyond sundown!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics) pg. 6)
- "I can go to the Magic Spring and bring one of the fairies back with me to cure him! Their power to heal is even greater than yours, Cassiopia!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics) pg. 6)
- "Zelda turns just as a huge snake-like neck rises up from a hole in the ground. 'A rope snake!' she cries. The giant serpent slithers forward, its cold eyes flashing and its great, forked tongue whipping out between its fangs. Zelda grabs for her bow, but before she can get it, the monstrous snake throws a coil around her arms. 'Help!' she screams." (The Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 52)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords by Shogakukan pg. 22 (ALttP)