Cave of No Return
The Ropa is a recurring enemy in The Legend of Zelda series. It is a sea anenome that lives on land. It inhabits the Dark World of Hyrule in A Link to the Past and a few other locations in Four Swords Adventures.
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past they are much stronger than they look for their short size and are able to deal a surprising amount of damage. They have a light green body, and orange tentacles sprouting from around their mouths. Much like the movement of sea anemones under water, rather than moving along the ground they stalk their victims by propelling their mass through the air, hopping repeatedly to close distance. Ropa appear commonly in the Skeleton Forest and Ghostly Garden and the grounds surrounding the Palace of Darkness, but are found throughout the Dark World.
Four Swords Adventures
In Four Swords Adventures, they are less aggressive or as powerful, but appear in large groups and move erratically. They appear to contain water, which occasionally squirts out from the top of their bodies.
A Link Between Worlds
- The Ropa is likely to be the first enemy Link encounters in the Dark World, as they appear on the Pyramid of Power. They also appear in the Pyramid of Four Swords Adventures.
- Its possible that the name Ropa is intended as a connection to a Roper, a tentacled monster that appears in the Dungeons & Dragons series.
- As they were never officially named in the English versions of A Link to the Past, Ropa were often mistaken for Peahats.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "ROPA" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 390)
- "ヘコヘコと跳ね回るイソギンチャク野郎。" (The Legend of Zelda: Kamigami no Triforce Official Nintendo Guidebook Over (Shogakukan), pg. 127)