Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
The Room Key from Majora's Mask 3D
Have 24-Hour access to the Stock Pot Inn
Location and Uses
The Room Key is an item which is received during the Reuniting Kafei and Anju sidequest. Obtaining the Room Key is not necessary to reunite the two lovers, however, and the quest can be completed without it. This key allows Link to go in and out of the Stock Pot Inn before and after the inn closes without having to resort to using the unlocked door on the deck of the second floor. More importantly, however, it grants him access to the Knife Chamber, one of the two rooms available for rent on the second floor at the Stock Pot Inn.
Link receives the Room Key as a mistake due to Anju's tendency to forget customer's faces. When Link talks to her between 1:50 PM and 4:00 PM during the First Day, Anju will ask him if he has made a reservation. If Link says yes, she will hand him the key to the Knife Chamber. The reservation was actually made for a Goron who just happened to share the same name as the young hero; Link. Since Link has the room key, Link (the Goron) will not be able to claim his reservation and will now have to sleep outside.
In Majora's Mask 3D, Anju remembers that the Knife Chamber was reserved by a Goron. As a result, to receive the Room Key, Link must speak to her while wearing the Goron Mask so that Anju will mistake the young hero for the Goron who shares his name.
- The Room Key will automatically disappear from Link's inventory on the night of the Final Day. At that point, the Stock Pot Inn is left unlocked for the rest of the cycle because all the employees have evacuated.
- In Majora's Mask 3D, the Room Key will remain in Link's Gear on the night of the Final Day even though it is no longer needed.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||部屋の鍵 (Heya no Kagi)|
|FrenchCA||Clé de chambre (MM3D)|
|FrenchEU||Clé de Chambre|
|SpanishEU||Llave de Habitación|
|SpanishLA||Llave de habitación (MM3D)|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 136
- "Mr. Link, I have you down for an afternoon arrival. Your room is our "Knife Chamber" on the second floor. Here is your key." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "My mother is always telling me to remember our customer's faces, but I tend to forget them..." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "Umm...Did you...have a reservation?" — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "I made a reservation... The name is Link-goro!" — Link (Majora's Mask)
- "What?!? Really-goro? Well, it's nice weather, so I'll just sleep outside-goro." — Link (Majora's Mask)