Romanos is a character in Phantom Hourglass. He lives on Molida Island with his mother. Romanos acts rudely towards Link at first, but he eventually has a change of heart and helps the young hero find the Shovel.
Romanos holds a grudge against his father, who left him and his mother over a year prior to the events of Phantom Hourglass. When Link meets Romanos for the first time and asks him about the whereabouts of his father, he gets angry and asks the young hero to leave. But when Link indeed tries to leave, Romanos calls him back, and then gives him clues on how to find his father's hideaway, which is located in the cave beside his house. After speaking to Romanos, his mother will allow Link to enter the cave. After Link find's his father's hideaway, Romanos begins to change his mind about his father and considers being an adventurer. Once Link completes the Temple of Courage, Romanos will open a Shooting Gallery inside his house, where the young hero can win both a Heart Container and a large Quiver.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "What?! You want to sail to the island up in the Northwestern Sea?! My husband...called that place the Isle of Gust. He used to talk about how he had visited that island. My husband...was once content to be a fisherman, until he left this place. He sought uncharted lands. At least that's what he said when he finally left. He refused to work, instead ruining his boat by braving the northern fog repeatedly! The last time we saw him was over a year ago...My son Romanos, who's at home right now, might know a little more. But that boy hasn't worked in a long time either. He's peeved at his dad, I think. He might get upset if you mention the Isle of Gust..." — Maronie (Phantom Hourglass)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 282
- "Need something, kid? What?! You want to travel to the Isle of Gust?! Please don't tell me you're going your own way, too?! [...] Oh, really?! Do it your way? Go your own way? What a buncha garbage! All this endless babbling about living with a lust for adventure. Can that put food on the table? Can that make your family happy? Going your own way is no way...to survive in this life. My way's a lot better. Staying home, eating cheese, that's the life! Yeah, Isle of Gust? Don't say another word about it! Figure it out yourself and get out of here." — Romanos (Phantom Hourglass)
- "WAIT, KID. COME BACK! [...] Sorry to unload all that onto you, kid. It's just that my dad used to say lots about going his own way to explore. And I got fed up with him. My dad used to talk about getting through the fog and seeing the Isle of Gust. He said something about a specific route for getting through the foggy passage. But only he knew which way to go... There's a cave behind our house where my dad used to escape all the time. He called it his hideaway. You might find more details in there... But it's dangerous in there, so take care of yourself, kid!" — Romanos (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Young man! You mustn't go into that cave. Dangerous monsters have been seen there lately! Now be a good boy. Don't go anywhere near it." — Maronie (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Oh, what? Well, if my son has said it's all right... Then go on in. There's no stopping you, is there? But, please, don't do anything too dangerous!" — Maronie (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Huh?! You found my dad's hideaway and defeated the monsters in there?! Hmm, I see... You've inspired me, kid. What drove my dad to go his own way, like you...? I may just join him and find out... Thanks, kid!" — Romanos (Phantom Hourglass)