Features and Overview
The Ranch is located in south-west Termina, and is famous for its extremely tasty Chateau Romani. It is owned by Cremia, who lives with her younger sister, Romani. The Ranch is home to several other people and features a number of sidequests and items. Link will not be able to access the Ranch before the Third Day unless he has a Powder Keg, as someone (likely the Gorman Brothers) have placed a large boulder in front of the Ranch entrance. With a Powder Keg, Link can use it to blow up the boulder and access the Ranch sooner.
If Link arrives on the First Day, he will find that Epona, who was stolen by the Skull Kid, is being kept safely in a stall. Romani will teach him "Epona's Song," allowing the young hero to summon her by playing the Ocarina of Time and to ride her around Termina, however only after Link has completed Romani's target practice.
- See also: Helping Romani and Cremia
Prior to the events of Majora's Mask, the father of Cremia and Romani passed away; however, he left them with Romani-bred cows that are able to produce a special kind of milk called Chateau Romani, which the Ranch is most famous for. Ever since then, Cremia has been taking care of both the Ranch and her sister, although lately she has been having some trouble due to the nearby Gorman Brothers, who preside over their own Ranch. The two Brothers have been using underhanded tactics to hinder their Milk business, such as breaking Bottles of Milk during deliveries, although Cremia is not aware of who is responsible for these actions. It is also likely that they were the ones responsible for blocking off Romani Ranch with a huge boulder, preventing Cremia from peddling supplies to Clock Town's Milk Bar.
When Link arrives at the Ranch on the First Day, he finds Epona and meets Romani. She goes on to tell Link that she has been practicing for the arrival of the ghost-like creatures that come to the Ranch and steal the cows every year as the Carnival of Time approaches. Her older sister does not believe her, and so Romani recruits Link and asks that he come to the Ranch at 2 AM., which is when "They" will come. Together, Link and Romani fend off the ghosts until dawn, saving the cows. As thanks, Romani rewards Link with a Bottle containing Romani Milk and calls him a "little hero."
On the evening of the Second Day (presuming the cows have been saved the night before), Cremia will invite Link to accompany her on her milk delivery to the town's Milk Bar by wagon. If Link accepts, Cremia and Link will discover that the road to Clock Town has been blocked off by the Gorman Brothers; as such, they are forced to take a detour through the Gorman Track. The Gorman Brothers, each wearing a Garo Mask and riding on horseback with pitchforks, lay siege to the wagon and try to break the milk bottles. Link chases them off using his Bow and Arrows, and the two escape without any major harm done. If Link manages to save at least one Bottle of Milk, Cremia rewards him with Romani's Mask.
In an attempt to avoid the Moon's collision with Termina, the staff of the Stock Pot Inn are intent upon taking refuge at the Ranch on the night of the Final Day. However, Cremia believes that the Ranch is not safe either, preparing herself and her sister for the worst. After Link saves Termina from its doom, Romani can be seen practicing her archery skills in the Ranch as Cremia cheers her on.
Mama's House is the residence of Romani and Cremia. It is the largest building on the Ranch.
The Barn is where Cremia keeps the livestock of the Ranch, namely the ever-coveted Cows. The Cows are milked here daily, and a few Rupees can be found in the hay in the corners.
- Main article: Cucco Shack
The Cucco Shack is home to Grog and is open from 6 AM to 8 PM. The Cucco Shack has 10 little Cucco chicks in it, as well as decorative Cucco paintings on the walls. If Link gets all 10 Cucco chicks to follow him around while marching with the Bremen Mask, they will grow and Grog will reward him with the Bunny Hood.
- Main article: Doggy Racetrack
- The arch at the entrance to Romani Ranch is the same arch from the entrance to Kakariko Village from Ocarina of Time, which, when translated from Japanese, reads "Welcome to Kakariko Village." This was fixed in Majora's Mask 3D.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ロマニー牧場 (Romanī Bokujou)||Romani Ranch|
|French||Ranch Romani||Romani Ranch|
|Spanish||Rancho Romani||Romani Ranch|
- "Romani Ranch / Village of Milk / 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Welcome to Romani Ranch, Chateau Romani's Village. I am the ranch owner, Cremia." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- "This way to Romani Ranch. Please visit the home of Chateau Romani." — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "Cremia, manager of Romani Ranch" — Bombers' Notebook description (Majora's Mask)
- "Someone was up to some no-good mischief and blocked the road to Romani Ranch. I'm sorry. I'll remove it quickly." — Carpenter (Majora's Mask)
- "A small, lost horse seems to have been taken in by Romani Ranch, south of town..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- "These are Romani-bred. My father left them for us. An inheritance from the heavens..." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- "I guess it's been a while now since our father died. I'm trying to take care of the ranch, but things have been getting unstable lately...the cows always seem bothered and frazzled, and I'm finding broken bottles everywhere... Who's doing it, I don't know..." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh my! Did you come from town? ...Then that means... Milk Road is open to traffic! Good! I can deliver milk to town now!" — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- "Romani was practicing... For tonight...Tonight... They are coming... They... They come at night every year when the carnival gets closer. They come riding in a bright, shining ball, and many of them come down...to the barn... My older sister won't believe me... But Romani must protect the cows!" — Romani (Majora's Mask)
- "The operation begins tonight at two. I'll be waiting in the barn. Don't be late!" — Romani (Majora's Mask)
- "Here's Romani's thanks. When you drink it, put your hand on your hip and take a big gulp like we do here at the ranch! [...] See you later...Little hero." — Romani (Majora's Mask)
- "First Milk Road is blocked by a boulder and now... We have to take this detour through ugly country..." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- "Are you ready, boy? I'm going to try to get us through here as fast as I can! If any pursuers come from behind, chase them off with your arrows. They may be after my cargo of milk bottles." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- "Granny's Diary / We're going to take refuge at Romani Ranch tomorrow. I guess it really will fall." — Anju's Grandmother's diary (Majora's Mask)
- "We'll be going to Romani Ranch in the evening to take refuge. I think you should all hurry too." — Anju's Mother (Majora's Mask)
- "Actually... I know... We're not safe here, either... That's how life goes, I guess. There are some things in life that you can't change no matter how hard you try." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- "Cucco Shack / We're open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "I don't really get it, but just seein' these guys with a crest and all... I don't have regrets about anythin' anymore. I'm perfectly satisfied. Here...You can have this from me..." — Grog (Majora's Mask)
- "Mamamu Yan's / Doggy Racetrack / 6 a.m. to 8 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)