|Use(s)||Trading for Dog Food(LA)|
Locations and Uses
The Ribbon in Link's Awakening is the second item in the game's Trading Sequence. It is received from the Quadruplets' Mother of Mabe Village in exchange for the Yoshi Doll. The Ribbon is then given to YipYip, who lives in a side room of Madam MeowMeow's house. In return for the Ribbon, Link is given a can of Dog Food.
Oracle of Seasons
The Ribbon in Oracle of Seasons is a quest item that belongs to the Subrosian celebrity Rosa, who had lost it to the sea. The Ribbon is found at the Subrosia Market, and is traded for a Star-Shaped Ore. After returning the Ribbon to Rosa, she agrees to accompany Link to the Temple of Seasons on a date.
|Names in Other Regions|
- This item is also referred to as the Bow in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc.. However, this term is not considered Canon.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 136(LA | OoS)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening – Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc.), pg. 24
- "You traded your for ! Maybe you can trade the ribbon for something else!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "My name's Rosa. My favorite Ribbon floated out to sea... I, like, wanted to go explore the "temple," but I can't go out like this!" — Rosa (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Since you're so nice, I'll go on a date with you. Let's go look in that "temple."" — Rosa (Oracle of Seasons)
|Link's Awakening Trade Sequence|
|Yoshi Doll > Ribbon > Dog Food > Bananas > Stick > Honeycomb > Pineapple > Hibiscus > Letter > Broom > Fishing Hook > Necklace > Scale > Magnifying Lens|