Noboru Yamaguchi (Japanese)
Sean Chiplock (English)
Nikolay Bystrov (Russian)
Enzo Fortuny (LA Spanish)
Breath of the Wild
100 years prior to the events of Breath of the Wild, Revali was the Champion of the Rito tribe. He was known as the most skilled archer of all the Rito and could fire Arrows with the speed of a gale. Revali has the ability to create an impressive updraft that allows him to soar, later named Revali's Gale after him. His weapon was the Great Eagle Bow.
Revali was present during the ritual of Princess Zelda making Link her appointed knight in Link's first Recovered Memory. After Daruk commented on the depressing delivery of Zelda's speech, Revali reminds Daruk that the "ceremonial pomp, grandeur, and nonsense" was his idea in the first place. Revali then states his disapproval of Link until Urbosa tells him to stop.
Later on, in Link's second Recovered Memory, Link visits Rito Village. Revali confronts Link and openly admits that despite wanting to stop Ganon, he does not like the idea of merely assisting Link just because he wields the Master Sword. Revali believes he is more skilled than the young hero. After gloating about how his abilities are superior, Revali suggests they compete one on one atop the Divine Beast Vah Medoh. Revali then mocks Link for not even being able to make it there on his own and soars upward to Medoh.
In Link's 15th Recovered Memory, Revali was seen with the rest of the Champions meeting Link and Zelda after her time in the Spring of Wisdom on Mount Lanayru. Minutes later, there was a loud rumble and Revali flew into the air to discover that Calamity Ganon had finally awakened. At Daruk's command, he and the rest of the Champions hastened to their Divine Beasts. Despite his best efforts, Revali was defeated by Windblight Ganon. Like the rest of the Champions, his spirit was imprisoned within the corrupt Divine Beast for the next century.
After Link's victory over Windblight Ganon, Revali is freed and gains a grudging respect for the hero. He thanks and congratulates Link on succeeding where he has failed and acknowledges Link as a warrior worthy of Revali's Gale. After Link leaves, Revali flies Medoh, landing on top of the giant stone perch above Rito Village. He sets Medoh's sights on Hyrule Castle.
- During a bonus session of the documentary about the making of Breath of the Wild, sound director Hajime Wakai stated that Revali is his favorite character.
- His final line before flying off to Medoh in the second memory was different between versions. In the Japanese version, he merely laughed derisively as he flew away. In the English version, he instead sarcastically bade Link good luck in sealing away the darkness as he flew off.
- The Spirit Battle for the Zelda (Breath of the Wild) Support Spirit references the plot of Breath of the Wild. Four Fighters resembling the Champions must be defeated before Link and Zelda appear. In this Spirit Battle, Revali is represented by Falco.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Promotional artwork for The Champions' Ballad featuring Revali
Revali with the other Champions and King Rhoam
- "The sacred skill that I have dubbed Revali's Gale!" — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "You may happen upon something called "The Diary of Revali, the Rito Legend."" — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Video Game)
Revali (Japanese version, voice)" — n.a., Noboru Yamaguchi - IMDb, IMDb, published n.d., retrieved September 29, 2018.
- "Revali" — Nintendo, ゼルダの伝説 ブレス オブ ザ ワイルド | Nintendo, Official Japanese Site, published February 20, 2017, retrieved February 20, 2017.
- "Great Eagle Bow
A bow without equal wielded by the Rito Champion, Revali. It's said Revali could loose arrows with the speed of a gale, making him supreme in aerial combat." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Gee, this is uplifting... She's making it sound like we already lost." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "You're the one who wanted to designate the appointed knight with all the ceremonial pomp, grandeur, and nonsense we could muster!" — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "And if you ask me, the whole thing does seem to be overkill. I think I'm on the same page as the princess regarding...this boy." — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
"Oh, give it a rest. That boy is a living reminder of her own failures. Well, at least that's how the princess sees him." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yet despite these truths, it seems that I have been tapped to merely assist you. All because you happen to have that little darkness-sealing sword on your back. I mean, it's just...asinine." — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "Impressive, I know. Very few can achieve a mastery of the sky. Yet I have made an art of creating an updraft that allows me to soar. It's considered to be quite the mastery of aerial techniques, even among the Rito. With proper utilization of my superior skills, I see no reason why we couldn't easily dispense with Ganon. Now then, my ability to explore the firmament is certainly of note... But let's not—pardon me for being so blunt—let's not forget the fact that I am the most skilled archer of all the Rito." — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "Unless...you think you can prove me wrong? Maybe we should just settle this one on one? But where...? Oh, I know! How about up there?!" — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, you must pardon me. I forgot you have no way of making it up to that Divine Beast on your own! Good luck sealing the darkness!" — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's here." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
"It's awake... Ganon!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let's stop wasting time! We're gonna need everything we got to take that thing down! Now Champions! To your Divine Beasts! Show that swirling swine who's boss!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Good luck! That thing is one of Ganon's own, and it plays dirty! It defeated me 100 years ago... but only because I was winging it." — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "And everyone—Mipha, Urbosa, Revali and Daruk...They're all trapped inside those things..." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Great Calamity was merciless... It devastated everything in its path, lo, a century ago. It was then that my life was taken away from me. And since that time, here I have remained, in spirit form." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "I had nearly given up hope and resigned myself to being trapped here, as a spirit, for the rest of eternity." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, I'll be plucked...You defeated him, eh? Who would've thought... Well done." — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "I suppose I should thank you now that my spirit is free. This returns Medoh back to its rightful owner! (...) Or...never mind, just go. Your job is far from finished, you know. The princess has been waiting an awful long time. I do suppose you've proven your value as a warrior. A warrior worthy of my unique ability. Feel free to thank me now. (...) The sacred skill that I have dubbed Revali's Gale!" — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's now time to move on and start making preparations for Medoh's strike on Ganon. But only if you think you'll still need my help while you're fighting inside Hyrule Castle." — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "I like Revali, but I think a lot of other people probably won't like him very much." —Hajime Wakai (The Making of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Bonus Session)