An aggressive and a docile Remlit
Remlits are well-mannered in the day and will follow Link around if he picks them up and then set them down again. They will flee, however, if he takes out a weapon. Remlits will make sounds that are akin to a cat's meow or purr when picked up and carried around. If thrown off the side of Skyloft, they will use their ears as wings to fly right back up. During the day, Remlits (except for Mia) reside in a small flower bed area to the right of the Statue of the Goddess, where they can be seen resting. This area can be accessed only after Link acquires the Clawshots and before the Statue of the Goddess returns to the surface near the end of the game.
Remlits exhibit aggressive behavior at night, prowling in the dark along with other creatures. These Remlits attack Link by leaping at him, but will cower after being struck a few times. If Link picks them up while they are cowering, they will start to attack again. Remlits cannot be defeated and will get stunned before running away if sprinkled with Glittering Spores. After Link turns Batreaux into a human, Remlits cease their aggressive tendencies.
|Names in Other Regions|
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books) pg.
- "Such an odd creature, the Remlit. She may look cuddly now, but at night, it's another story entirely!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "When night falls here in Skyloft, creatures like this Remlit become possessed by an evil force. And monsters that hide in caves during the day make their way out and prowl in the dark of night." — Horwell (Skyward Sword)
- "These small animals dwell in Skyloft. Due to Batreaux's transformation into a human, they no longer exhibit aggressive tendencies at night." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "This gives me pause... The usual monsters that prowl Skyloft at night are nowhere to be seen, and the Remlits no longer show aggressive behavior. What could have happened?" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "Look, Link! Though night has come, Mia exhibits none of the nocturnal aggressiveness we've come to expect in Remlits! It's just amazing!" — Horwell (Skyward Sword)