Reede is the head of Hateno Village and can usually be found tending to the fields behind his home. When Link first approaches him, Reede notes that he must be an adventurer and introduces himself, asking Link what he thinks of the village. If Link agrees that it is peaceful, Reede says they are recovering from the Great Calamity at last. Link can admit that he is uncomfortable in Hateno and Reede will laugh, claiming that the village has grown. He ends the conversation by inviting the hero to stay for as long as he chooses.
Link can return to Reede and ask him about a number of subjects. Asking about the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab leads him to direct Link to the hill where it sits. Reede mentions that a Sheikah tribe member conducts research there and never comes out. He also expresses concern over the occupants' wellbeing.
Link can ask about the Calamity itself and Reede will describe the torturous event, noting that even now it is difficult to speak of. He advises Link to speak to the elders of the village to learn more about it, as Reede himself was not alive.
Asking him about Hateno Village itself allows Reede to explain that the settlement was rebuilt, having only just survived the ruin of the Great Calamity. He mentions that many people now inhabit the village and they see a few travelers every-so-often.
The sign in front of his house has the word "Mayor" written on it in Hylian.
- "I am the head of Hateno Village. Call me Reede." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "Reede" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, are you an adventurer? I am the head of Hateno Village. Call me Reede. Isn’t this a peaceful place we have here, don’t you think?" — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Indeed.] Yes... We’re finally feeling a bit of recovery from the Great Calamity." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Not really...] Haha! This village looks like an urban center to you, eh? Well, Hateno Village has definitely grown in size recently now that we’re recovering from the Great Calamity." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "Our village is pleasant, peaceful, and has plenty of food to go around! Please stay as long as you like." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yes, yes... Can I help you with anything?" — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "[...Ancient Tech Lab?] Hateno Ancient Tech Lab? Oh, sure! That’s the building up on the top of that hill." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "A person from the Sheikah tribe lives up there. You never know what they’re diving into. They rarely come out lately, now that I think about it. They must be really busy lately... Seems at least one member of the Sheikah tribe has lived up there since the time of the Great Calamity. They call what goes on up there research, but I don’t know what kind." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "Those folks up there should get out more, y’know? It’s not healthy to stay cooped up all day!" — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "[The Great Calamity?] It’s hard to even talk about the Great Calamity. It was a disastrous event that took place 100 years ago. Villages everywhere were burned. Many lives were lost..." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "That was all before I was born, of course. The elders here would know more." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Hateno Village?] Hateno Village barely survived the Great Calamity. The village was later rebuilt by Hylian hands." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now many people live here in peace amongst the shops. It’s nice to see travelers stop by now and then as well." — Reede (Breath of the Wild)