|Habitat(s)||Palace of Winds (TMC)|
Dark Hyrule Castle (TMC)
The Legend of Zelda
Red Darknuts are weaker than Blue Darknuts in The Legend of Zelda. They are able to shield themselves from any attack and are thus invulnerable if attacked from the front. Link can harm them by attacking them from the side or behind with either his Sword or a Bomb. Red Darknuts cannot be stunned by the Boomerang and they cannot be harmed by the Magical Rod, Arrows, or Fire. They have a health of four. When defeated, Red Darknuts may drop either a Heart, one Rupee, four Bombs, or a Clock.[note 1]
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
The Minish Cap
|Red Dark Nut (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
Red Dark Nut
|Appears in Dark Hyrule Castle. These Dark Nut commanders are strong, but if you relax and find an opening you can still defeat them.|
Red Darknuts are commander-rank Darknuts who possess greater strength and endurance than the standard variant in The Minish Cap, though they have the same attack patterns. A Red Darknut appears as the Sub-Boss of the Palace of Winds. Two Red Darknuts later appear as enemies in Dark Hyrule Castle after Link defeats the Black Knight.
Cadence of Hyrule
Red Darknuts appear as Minibosses in Cadence of Hyrule where they are the strongest variety of Darknut. Although their movement is limited to the beat of the music, they can move on every single beat, rendering them faster than most enemies and Minibosses. They also carry a shield that protects them from frontal attacks and can push the heroes backwards as they move, making them dangerous in areas where they can pin the heroes against walls or push them into holes and other hazards. Every few beats, they will lower their shield which will temporarily expose them to attack. When their shield is down, they will only swing their sword if the hero is either standing still or tries to run to their sides.
When the opportunity to strike the heroes arises, they will hold out their sword for one beat and 5 warning tiles will flash in a horseshoe formation before they swing their sword on the second beat, dealing damage to anything within 3 spaces in front of them and anything that was already standing at their sides.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||タートナック赤 (Tāto Nakku Aka)||Red Tart Knuckle|
|FrenchEU||Darknut Rouge (TMC)||Red Darknut|
|Italian||Titanus rosso (TMC)||Red Titan|
|SpanishEU||Ferrus rojo (TMC)||Red Ferrus|
- If Link defeats 10 enemies without getting hit or teleporting with the Recorder, then the 10th enemy defeated will drop five Rupees. However, if the 10th enemy is defeated with a Bomb, then it will drop four Bombs. If Link defeats 16 enemies without getting hit or teleporting, then the 16th enemy will drop a Fairy. After the 16th enemy, Link must get hit and reset the counter to zero in order to achieve this effect again. Defeating Armoses, Like Likes, Keeses, or Gels will not be counted.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 173 (TLoZ | OoS | OoA | TMC | TP | TPHD)
- "Defeated By: Red Darknut" — Game Over (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Red Dark Nut
Appears in Dark Hyrule Castle. These Dark Nut commanders are strong, but if you relax and find an opening you can still defeat them." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "The knight who lives in the labyrinths. He has lots of attacking power. He repels Link's attacks from the front with his shield." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 36)
- n.a., Forced Drops, redcandle.us, published n.d., retrieved August 17, 2017.