|Game(s)||The Adventure of Link|
|Other Media||Captain N: The Game Master|
The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics)
Three-Eye Rock Palace
Rebonack, also referred to as simply the Guardian Ironknuckle or Ironknuckle (alternatively formatted as Iron Knuckle) is the boss of the Island Palace in The Adventure of Link. He is a powerful blue Iron Knuckle mounted on a floating mechanical horse and wielding a jousting lance. Two others are later encountered in the Three-Eye Rock Palace as mini-bosses.
While mounted on his horse, Rebonack retreats off or almost off screen, then charges at Link at high speed. Seemingly on the back foot against a mounted opponent, Link must move to the middle of the room and when Rebonack charges, jump and use the Down Thrust to damage him.
After he has suffered enough damage, his horse will run away, Rebonack leave his lance, draws his sword and will fight Link on foot as a standard Blue Iron Knuckle by shooting Sword Beams (referred to as knives in the NES Game Atlas). However, Rebonack are much better defenders than other Iron Knuckles. Rebonack can also go off-screen, where Link cannot follow him, and continue shooting Sword Beams. During the second phase, it is best to continuously bait him to the middle of the room.
- In the Famicom Disk System version of The Adventure of Link, Rebonack's Sword Beams flash and will disappear when blocked, much like Link's own, but in the NES version they do not flash and bounce off of Link's Shield.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||レボナック (Rebonakku)||Levo Knuckle|
- "The enemy in the Third Temple is Rebonack. He is a powerful knight astride a steel horse." (The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America), pg. 50)
- "THE GUARDIAN IRONKNUCKLE" (NES Game Atlas (Nintendo), pg. 68)
- "The knives Ironknuckle throws are deadly, and the huge horse he rides makes him invincible to Link's attack. Link can make him dismount by jumping and using Down-thrust. Once afoot, Ironknuckle is vulnerable." (NES Game Atlas (Nintendo), pg. 69)
- "Iron Knuckle
Iron Knuckle is a monstrous metal knight who has been known to sit motionless for hundreds of years without moving an inch. When it spots an intruder, Iron Knuckle springs to life and fights ferociously. On some occasions, Iron Knuckle fights atop an armored horse.
🢒 The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask" — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Zelda.com (archive), retrieved November 21, 2016.
- "I am the guardian of the Potion of Power!" — Rebonack (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for Potion of Power )
- "Try knocking him off his horse!" — Kevin (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for the Potion of Power )
- "I don't need you telling me how to handle this, sorehead!" — Link (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for the Potion of Power )
- "He's got Zelda! Okay, Kevin. Let's try it your way. This is going to take two of us." — Link (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
- Little do they [Link and Zelda] suspect that their greatest challenge is yet to come, in the terrifying form of Ironknuckle! - N/A (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- Long ago, the old king charged me to protect the palace - Knight (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- Long ago, the old king charged to protect the palace from those who are unworthy. - Knight (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- By reaching the Fifth Palace and defeating me, you have proved that you deserve the treasures within. - Knight (Valiant Comic Issue #1)