Three-Eye Rock Palace
Rebonack is the Boss of the Island Palace in The Adventure of Link.[note 1] He is a powerful blue Iron Knuckle mounted on a floating mechanical horse and wielding a jousting lance. Two others are later encountered in the Three-Eye Rock Palace as mini-bosses.
While mounted on his horse, Rebonack retreats off or almost off screen, then charges at Link at high speed. Seemingly on the back foot against a mounted opponent, Link must move to the middle of the room and when Rebonack charges, jump and use the Down Thrust to damage him.
After he has suffered enough damage, his horse will run away, Rebonack leave his lance, draws his sword and will fight Link on foot as a standard Blue Iron Knuckle by shooting Sword Beams (referred to as knives in the NES Game Atlas). However, Rebonack are much better defenders than other Iron Knuckles. Rebonack can also go off-screen, where Link cannot follow him, and continue shooting Sword Beams. During the second phase, it is best to continuously bait him to the middle of the room.
- In the Famicom Disk System version of The Adventure of Link, Rebonack's Sword Beams flash and will disappear when blocked, much like Link's own, but in the NES version they do not flash and bounce off of Link's Shield.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||レボナック (Rebonakku)||Levo Knuckle|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 200 (TAoL)
- NES Game Atlas (Nintendo) pg. 68
- "Iron Knuckle
Iron Knuckle is a monstrous metal knight who has been known to sit motionless for hundreds of years without moving an inch. When it spots an intruder, Iron Knuckle springs to life and fights ferociously. On some occasions, Iron Knuckle fights atop an armored horse.
The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask" — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Zelda.com (archive), retrieved November 21, 2016.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- "I am the guardian of the Potion of Power!" — Rebonack (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for Potion of Power )
- "Try knocking him off his horse!" — Kevin (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for the Potion of Power )
- "I don't need you telling me how to handle this, sorehead!" — Link (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for the Potion of Power )
- "He's got Zelda! Okay, Kevin. Let's try it your way. This is going to take two of us." — Link (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
- Little do they suspect that their greatest challenge is yet to come, in the terrifying form of Ironknuckle! - N/A (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- Long ago, the old king charged me to protect the palace - Knight (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- Long ago, the old king charged to protect the palace from those who are unworthy. - Knight (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- By reaching the Fifth Palace and defeating me, you have proved that you deserve the treasures within. - Knight (Valiant Comic Issue #1)