Old Man's Daughter
Features and Overview
The Shield magic can be earned here by speaking to one of the women in town. She wishes for Link to talk to her father before leaving to his next destination. Upon entering her house, an Old Man will be waiting at the end of the basement to teach the young hero his first spell, which will prove useful to Link when he journeys through the Parapa Desert north of Rauru.
- The town is seemingly named after Rauru, one of Seven Sages from Ocarina of Time. As well as being the first town Link visits, Rauru is the first Sage he receives a Medallion from.
- The woman in the Captain N episode who claims that she "knows nothing" is an obvious reference to the various characters in The Adventure of Link who say "I KNOW NOTHING" when Link speaks to them.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Ville de Rauru|
- "TALK WITH MY FATHER BEFORE YOU LEAVE TOWN" — Young Woman in Rauru (The Adventure of Link)
- "IN PARAPA DESERT USE THIS MAGIC TO SURVIVE" — Old Man (The Adventure of Link)
- "Only one: that they're searching for a magic potion that will restore his power. WE'VE gotta find it first." — Princess Zelda (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
- "Please, I know nothing!" — Woman (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
- "Tell me what you know, or else!" — Moblin (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
- "Drop your weapons!" — Moblin (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
- "Thank you for saving my son, kind sir. Please, take this as a reward. It's a map to an ancient desert palace. There lies a Golden Key that will unlock the Potion of Power you seek." — Woman (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
|Major locations in The Adventure of Link|
Click on a location
|Towns in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link|
|Rauru Town · Ruto Town · Saria Town · Mido Town · Nabooru Town · Darunia Town · Old Kasuto Town · New Kasuto Town|