Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Rapids Ride is a recurring location in The Legend of Zelda series.[note 1] It usually refers to a location with river rapids in which Link can ride in a raft or a canoe, usually as part of a mini-game.
Features and Overview
In Link's Awakening, Rapids Ride is a region located in the eastern part of Koholint Island. For a fee of 100 Rupees, Link can travel on a raft down a series of high-current rapids and waterfalls. As he is riding down the rapids, the young hero can also obtain items floating above the water, such as Rupees, Arrows and Bombs, by leaping with the Roc's Feather to catch them. The rapids also serves as a shortcut going down from the northeastern to the southeastern parts of the island.
In Twilight Princess, Iza's Rapid Ride, or simply Rapid Ride, is located in Upper Zora's River in the Lanayru Province and runs all the way down to Lake Hylia. The mini-game is run by Iza and her Zora friend.
At first, the mini-game is not available since a rockfall dammed up the river. As such, if Link speaks to Iza, she will simply ignore him. To get the mini-game to open, Link must defeat the Shadow Beasts that appear around the Fishing Hole. After they are defeated, Iza becomes impressed by Link's bravery and lets him into her hut. She will request that Link help her out by clearing a path downstream. If he agrees to clear the debris that has clogged the river flow, Iza will lend Link a Bomb Bag and fill up his Quiver with Arrows. By shooting the rocks that are visible from the hut's interior with Bomb Arrows, Link will be able to row down the rapids and clear the rest of the rocks that are blocking the water flow. Once Link reaches Lake Hylia, Iza's Zora assistant will allow him to keep the Bomb Bag.
Link can return to Iza's hut at any time after clearing the river to play Iza's mini-game for 20 Rupees. This time, Link has to smash pots using Bomb Arrows. Yellow pots are worth one point, while red ones are worth two points. However, if Link bumps into anything on his canoe, he will lose one point. If Link scores at least 25 points by the time he reaches Lake Hylia, Iza's assistant will reward him by doubling his Bomb-carrying capacity in all of his Bomb Bags.
Link's Crossbow Training
The Rapid Ride appears in Link's Crossbow Training. Stage 2 places Link inside of a canoe and travels downstream the river. Toadpolis and Tektites are the only enemies in the stage, while the pots of Iza's Rapid Ride can be shot for points. The rocks Toadpolis spit at Link can be hit for points, as well as the hidden orange Rupees, Fairies and Scarecrows.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Rapids Ride||Iza's Rapid Ride|
|FrenchEU||Descente des Rapides||Rapides de Lise|
- This location is also referred to as River Rapids in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc.. However, as Encyclopedia supersedes the guide, this term is not considered Canon.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 234(LA)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc. , pg. 18
- "Iza's Rapid Ride / Shoot at targets while riding the raging river rapids! No extra charge for using bomb arrows!" — Lanayru Tourism (Twilight Princess)
- "Well, I USED to rent boats here, but then we had a rockfall and it dammed the river up." — Iza (Twilight Princess)
- "I'll give you some bombs and arrows, so you just put 'em together and shoot bomb arrows at that thing." — Iza (Twilight Princess)
- "It's all right. I'll let her know you kept it when I get back." — Iza's assistant (Twilight Princess)
- "Green targets are worth 1 point, red ones are worth 2. If the boat hits anything, you lose 1 point. Get at least 25 points for a prize! So what do you say? Want to try it for 20 Rupees?" — Iza (Twilight Princess)