Ramrock's first form
|Game(s)||Oracle of Ages|
|Other Media||Oracle of Ages (Himekawa)|
Ramrock changes between four different forms throughout the battle. During its first form, Ramrock will move left to right against the back of the room, launching his fists at Link. Link must slash at Ramrock's launched fists with his Sword three times, sending them back the way they came and back onto Ramrock. The Spin Attack is not capable of deflecting its fists. In Ramrock's second form, it will replace its hands with large spiked fists and begin to move around the room while attempting to crush Link. Link must place Bombs between its hands three times, which will explode and damage Ramrock when it slams its fists together. In its third form, Ramrock will again move left to right while shooting energy balls and lasers from its eyes. Its hands become shields, protecting the front of it from any harm with its back vulnerable. The Seed Shooter armed with Ember Seeds or Scent Seeds must be used to damage Ramrock by bouncing seeds off of the back wall and into its back four times. During Ramrock's fourth and final form, it replaces its shields with ball and chains. It continues to move from left to right and stops periodically to launch one or both of its ball and chains at Link. Link can block its attacks with a cube created from the Cane of Somaria. By grabbing a ball that Ramrock does not launch using the Power Glove, Link must pull it out to send it shooting back at Ramrock. Link must do this three times to defeat Ramrock's final form. If Link is quick enough, he can pull its ball out three times in a row without Ramrock moving away.
In Japanese, Ramrock's name (ゴーリガン) is written with three of the four katana used in Gohdan's name (ゴードン).
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Mutierter Felsbrocken||Mutated Boulder|
- "The strange, floating stone creature known as Ramrock has four different attacks to use against you—and you must use four different tactics against it." (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages Player's Guide (Nintendo of America), pg. 113)
- "Rise, Ramrock... Veran, the Sorceress of Shadows, commands it!! Crush that village!" (Oracle of Ages manga (VIZ Media), pg. 127)
- "Stop! Stay off our field! Don't step on it!" (Oracle of Ages manga (VIZ Media), pg. 129)
- "The crops! The village! It's destroying their entire livelihood! Not while I'm here!" (Oracle of Ages manga (VIZ Media), pg. 129)
- "Double... spin attack!" (Oracle of Ages manga (VIZ Media), pg. 130)