Rafton tells Link that in order to cross the sea safely, the raft must be bound with a rope that does not decay in water. Cheval, who is working on such a rope, will not finish until the future. As such, Link must first get the Cheval Rope hidden inside Cheval's Tomb in the Yoll Graveyard in the present. Rafton then tells Link that he needs an Island Chart in order to navigate the sea, which can be obtained from Tingle.
After he makes a raft for Link, Rafton plans on entering a boating contest, but he needs an oar. As part of the Trading Quest, Link gives him the Magic Oar in exchange for the Sea Ukulele. The oar then enables Rafton to enter himself into the raft race.
|Names in Other Regions|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 254(OoA)
- "If I only had rope that won't decay in water, I could make my raft." — Rafton (Oracle of Ages)
- "There's a fellow named Cheval on the east edge of town who is working on such rope, but I don't think he's done yet." — Rafton (Oracle of Ages)
- "But you'll need a chart if you want to go out to sea. Going without a chart is an invitation to disaster." — Rafton (Oracle of Ages)
- "As a sign of our friendship, Tingle will give you his chart that shows the way to the secret island!" — Tingle (Oracle of Ages)
- "In exchange... I know! How's this? Lazily playing guitar while gazing at the moon is so nice." — Rafton (Oracle of Ages)
- "I'm thinking of entering a raft race, but I haven't been able to find a decent oar to race with.." — Rafton (Oracle of Ages)