Artwork depicting Quill
|Era||Era of the Great Sea|
|Quill the Postman (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|Birthplace: Dragon Roost Island.|
Personality: Dutiful, passionate.
Quill has courage, if nothing else. He is admired by his fellow Rito and the chieftain places great trust in him.
Quill is a young, kind, and diligent Rito who serves the population of the Great Sea as their premier postman. Quill supervises and keeps up with Link throughout a significant portion of his journey through his job: he sends Link important letters from his Grandma and from around the Great Sea, wherever they are found. Because the Rito have the exclusive ability of flight, Quill's job as a postman takes complete advantage of his well-tuned traits, perhaps even more so than his Valoo-worshiping colleagues.
On Outset Island in the beginning of Link's journey, Quill convinces Tetra and her Pirate Crew to provide Link passage to the Forsaken Fortress in order to rescue his sister, Aryll, from the grasp of the Helmaroc King. Later, he escorts Link into the Rito headquarters on Dragon Roost Island where he converses with the Rito Chieftain about the fate of the Rito species and the reclusive nature of the Chieftain's son, Komali. After Link receives the Farore's Pearl from the Great Deku Tree and travels to Greatfish Isle, Quill appears and reveals the cause of the island's demise and the whereabouts of Jabun, the keeper of Nayru's Pearl. In his final appearance, he joins up with Komali and Valoo to rescue Link and Tetra from the grasp of Ganondorf at the Forsaken Fortress after Link obtains the Master Sword. From here on, Quill's only correspondence and significance to Link's journey is through the various letters that he sends out to him across the Great Sea.
|Names in Other Regions|
ポストマンのオドリー (Posutoman Odorī)
|Odori means "to dance" or "to jump"|
|Italian||Fanotipos il postino|
- "Quill has courage, if nothing else. He is admired by his fellow Rito and the chieftain places great trust in him." — Quill Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- "Quill" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 236)
- "Now, as my work entails delivering letters, I spend much of my time traveling amongst the many different islands. As a result, I hear many things..." — Quill (The Wind Waker)
- "So, what are you going to do? Under the circumstances, I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to give Link a little help, now, would it?" — Quill (The Wind Waker)
- "Chieftain, what do you think of consulting Link with regards to your son, Prince Komali? As you can see, Link is a gallant young lad! I feel certain that Prince Komali would open his heart to him and speak freely of his fears and worries." — Quill (The Wind Waker)
- "I'm sorry to report to you that Jabun can no longer be found here. Just look at how this place has been torn to pieces... I suppose this, too, is the work of the shadow in Forsaken Fortress. But fear not! Jabun was able to flee this island before it was attacked. He is in a safer abode now. Would you like to guess where that abode may be? ...On the island where you were born. On Outset." — Quill (The Wind Waker)