|Era||Era of Twilight|
Purlo runs the STAR Game in the western thoroughfare of Castle Town. He is a scam artist who designed his STAR Game to be unbeatable, which is evidenced by many things he mumbles under his breath. When the Castle Town is still covered by Twilight, Wolf Link can eavesdrop on Purlo outside the STAR Game tent, where his conniving character is given away by his muttering.
Initially, Purlo treats Link like a victim, but when Link manages to win, Purlo takes it personally. Therefore, he creates a more difficult version of the game just for Link. When Link beats the second version of the game, Purlo gives up on conning Link and dreads his presence from then on.
- If Wolf Link approaches Purlo, it is revealed that he has canine allergies.
- If Link beats his best time on the second version of the STAR Game, Purlo will say "Take it, thief!". This may be a reference to the Toppo's line from A Link to the Past.
- Purlo is a direct reference to Tingle. Eiji Aonuma stated that he is what Tingle would look like if he was a realistic character.
Purlo is a play on the word "purloin," which means to steal or sneak.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ダンチョー (Danchō)||Ring Leader|
|SpanishLA||Mr. Juego||Mr. Game|
- "The young man emceeing is SO handsome! I can't wait to hear his lovely voice!" — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 276(TP)
- "(Im-Impossible...) Er... Oh, what a happy day that is! The debut of a new star! Showers of applause all around! To the star...I shall give THIS! ...Very well! The next stage will be one created just for YOU, good sir! I would expire should you decline! Please, you must try it when it is ready! (Pbbbth! I shall remember this...) I'm afraid we require a short hiatus in order to assemble the special stage, so we will see you again soon! Don't forget, you are forsworn to return! Don't forget! (I shall GET you...)" — Purlo (Twilight Princess)
- "Heh heh heh... Soon I shall make a killing off this town..." — Purlo (Twilight Princess)
- "(What the--? You did it...?) Oh, what a magnificent day this is! The debut of a superstar! Let huzzahs and accolades ring forth! To the superstar... I shall give THIS! Congratulations! Yes, well and truly! You've claimed what you sought, so you're likely all through, hm? Many thanks for playing, good sir! (Don't come again...)" — Purlo (Twilight Princess)
- "Egads! Wolf! Hey! You idiot! Don't come over here! Ah-CHOO! I finally get my canine allergy under control, and now... Ha... Ha... Ah-CHOOOOOOOOO! Ugh..." — Purlo (Twilight Princess)
- "Ugh! Blast! Take it, thief! I mean, Ultrastar!" — Purlo (Twilight Princess)
- "All right! Take it, thief!" — Toppo (A Link to the Past)
- "チンクルはほかのソフトでも活躍（注11）してることもあって、チンクルとは名乗っていないんですけど…。でも、あのスタアマンは「チンクルをリアルにしたらどうなるんだろう？」ってことで、開発当初に中野（祐輔さん＝メインキャラクターデザイナー）がラフで描きおこしたものがベースになってるんです。" —Eiji Aonuma (Eiji Aonuma interview)