As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
On a windmill in Skyloft
Near the Earth Temple entrance
The Propeller, also known as the Windmill Propeller, is a quest item in Skyward Sword. It is necessary to operate one of the Skyloft windmills and thus eventually lead to opening the path to the Thunderhead.
Location and Uses
The two windmills in Skyloft can be turned using the propellers attached to the back of them so that they can catch the wind no matter the direction it is blowing. However, the eastern windmill is missing the propeller, having dropped down beneath the clouds ages ago. By using the Dowsing ability, Link can find the propeller near the Earth Temple entrance and call Scrapper. Once the propeller is brought to Skyloft, Jakamar will reattach it to the windmill and make it operational again.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Hélice du moulin|
|SpanishLA||Rotor del molino|
- "Propeller" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "We now have the means to bring the propeller back to Skyloft. You may immediately begin your search for the Windmill Propeller." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "I highly suggest you retrieve the windmill propeller from the land below to reorient the windmill." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Pretty smart design, I gotta say. See, you can turn the windmill so that it can always catch the wind no matter which way it's blowing." — Jakamar (Skyward Sword)
- "But... Well, there used to be this little propeller attached to the windmill so that you could turn it. The thing flew off ages ago. It must have dropped down off the edge, down beneath the clouds." — Jakamar (Skyward Sword)
- "Hmm... Somehow I get the feeling this is all some elaborate prank, but I guess I'll try to fix this thing... This goes in here... And I just crank that a few clicks... Phew! That ought to do it! If you can find some way to spin the propeller, you can probably turn the windmill around." — Jakamar (Skyward Sword)