Professor Shikashi from Majora's Mask 3D
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Professor Shikashi appears as a nameless old man. He is first seen in the Market, where he talks about the Sheikah when Link is a child. Seven years later, he moves to Kakariko Village following the destruction of Hyrule Castle Town. He talks about the House of Skulltula and the history of the Lens of Truth when Link is an adult.
In Majora's Mask, Professor Shikashi is a wise old man who spends his time in the Astral Observatory, looking at the stars. He opens his observatory and the path leading to it from Clock Town to the Bombers, so that they may use it as their hideout. Professor Shikashi is also the one who informs Link about the importance of the Moon's Tear. Like many others in Termina, Professor Shikashi also had a disruptive encounter with the Skull Kid before Link's arrival. He is also very concerned about the Moon's slow descent to Termina.
"Shikashi" (しかし) means "however" in Japanese.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||シカシ博士 (Shikashi Hakase)||Professor Shikashi|
|Italian||Shikashi l'astronomo||Shikashi the astronomer|
- "Professor Shikashi" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 244(MM))
- "Have you heard the legend of the "Shadow Folk"? They are the Sheikah...the shadows of the Hylians. They say they swore allegiance to the King of Hyrule and guarded the Royal Family. But with the long peace, no one has seen a Sheikah around here for a long time." — Old Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "Folks around here tell of a fabulously rich family that once lived in one of the houses in this village... But they say that the entire family was cursed due to their greed! Who knows what might happen to those who are consumed by greed..." — Old man (Ocarina of Time)
- "A long time ago... There was a man in this very village who had an eye they said could see the truth! Now usually, you have to train your mind's eye most strenuously to actually see the truth... But this fella, no, they say he had a different way of doing things... His house stood where the well is now..." — Old Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "We Bombers have a hideout that leads to the observatory outside town." — Jim (Majora's Mask)
- "That is one of the lunar rocks that has been blazing from the surface of the moon lately. They fall from what looks to be the moon's eye, so I call them Moon's Tears. They are rare stones, valued by many in town." — Professor Shikashi (Majora's Mask)
- "Your manners seem much better than those of your mischievous friend from the other day. Hrnf, hrnf, hrnf! That ill-mannered troublemaker from the other day said he'd break my instruments..." — Professor Shikashi (Majora's Mask)
- "But lately, there is something quite strange with the moon. Strange, indeed... It seems as though the moon is being pulled down by something and is slowly drawing closer." — Professor Shikashi (Majora's Mask)
- Jisho.org: Japanese Dictionary