King Tuft (father)
Prior to the events of the game, Princess Styla was a beautiful princess adored by all in the kingdom of Hytopia. Although adored by many, Lady Maud, the Drablands witch, did not and despised her for her unbearably cute fashion sense. The witch had sent her a beautifully wrapped gift, which Princess Styla could not resist opening. Upon opening it however, she was enveloped in purple smoke that cursed her to wear an irremovable, ugly jumpsuit. Humiliated and miserable, the princess isolated herself and the rest of the kingdom wept for her fate. In response to her curse, the people of Hytopia grew afraid of fashion, in fear that they would be cursed next. In agony, her father King Tuft, issued a request for worthy heroes who could go into the Drablands, find the witch, and save his daughter.
Link meets Princess Styla and King Tuft when the King summons him to his throne room after he clears the Woodlands Area of the Drablands. She is far too upset to talk to him however, and soon retreats to her room. Although isolating herself, Styla can occasionally be seen hiding around the town of Hytopia, secretly rooting for Link. She quickly runs away once he spots her. The townsfolk however believe her to be a black ghost, and hope to take a picture of her.
After the Links defeat Lady Maud and finds the last of her Materials, Link quickly returns to Madame Couture to tailor The Lady's Ensemble, an Outfit that can lift the curse off of Princess Styla. Link hurries back into the castle wearing the Outfit, and uses its magic power to remove Styla's curse. Returned to her former, beautiful self, Styla gives Link her gratitude, and King Tuft holds a big ceremony to celebrate. After the festivities, Link returns to King Tuft's throne room for his reward. He is instead given Styla's cursed tights. Styla expresses that she misses the tights a little and how they had fit snug around her, but much prefers her old dresses. During the ceremony, the Photo Bro had filmed the entire event and had given it as a gift to Styla. Link can speak with her whenever he wishes to rewatch the ceremony. With Styla's curse lifted, she will no longer hide around the town of Hytopia.
Styla is most likely a pun off the word "style".
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||フリル姫 (Furiru-hime)||Princess Frill|
|FrenchEU||Princesse Mousseline||Princess Muslin|
|SpanishEU||Princesa Cursilinda||From "cursi" (corny) and "linda" (pretty)|
|SpanishLA||Princesa Cursilinda||From "cursi" (corny) and "linda" (pretty)|
|Tri Force Heroes overview trailer, narrated by Princess Styla|
- "Humiliated, she fell into misery and isolation. The people of Hytopia wept for her terrible fate." — Narration (Tri Force Heroes)
- Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - The Princess's Tell-All Trailer, YouTube (Video), published October 2, 2015, retrieved May 11, 2016.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 305
- "Once upon a time there was a kindom called Hytopia. At the heart of this fashion-obsessed land was the lovely Princess Styla. The people adored their fair princess..." — Narration (Tri Force Heroes)
- "... but the Drablands witch despised the girl's unbearably cute fashion sense." — Narration (Tri Force Heroes)
- "One fateful day, a beautifully wrapped gift arrived at the castle. The sender was unknown, and the box was brimming with an aura of mystery. The princess simply had to open it! Naturally, this was a HUGE mistake." — Narration (Tri Force Heroes)
- "When the smoke cleared, Styla was met with a terrible sight, followed by the witch's voice in her pretty head: "A perfect outfit for a perfect princess." This cursed outfit of ultimate ugliness could not be removed no matter how the princess tried." — Narration (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Hey, Mr. Guard...
Have you heard about a black ghost wandering around town lately?" — Mrs. Pompadour (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Have you heard those rumors about the black ghost? I actually SAW it!
Sadly, no one believes me. I'd take a picture by pressing and going to Miiverse, but...
Well, it's too scary to go it alone! That's why I was just asking this kind guard to accompany me." — Ms. Drawers (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Now that you have some of The Lady's materials, it's time I showed you this little piece of work. I call it... The Lady's Ensemble! If you wear this and visit the princess, you should be able to lift her curse! All without defeating The Lady." — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "You should know that the Photo Bro filmed the whole affair. He presented it to the princess as a present! If you ever wish to revel in that magnificent ceremony once more, go speak with the princess." — Bearded Baron (Tri Force Heroes)